Songs that are special to you.. and why

Okay, this a one song from a dutch artist I don't like... but it had such an impact on me...
because; When I was 16 years old I did a course for going on holiday with kids who I had to attend. I was getting along very well with one our teachers, Steve... I had a difficult time over there and Steve helped me a lot... At the end of the course our teachers choosed a song to let us hear and why... He choosed one of 'Marco Borsato', don't remember the title anymore
The same evening he felt out the window from the 2nd floor, didn't survive it....
The hardest day in my life....

Take Care

Okay, don't laugh at me now. When I listen to Moby's Natural Blues I get some kind of visions of myself walking through a big city with lots of people, observing all those shiny happy people.
It feels weird.

Oh and Morpheus' post could've been mine, One Last Goodbye fitted so perfectly in my life almost a year ago. It didn't have anything to do with the original meanings of the song, but everyone has his own interpretations ofcourse. Anyway, I still like the song, but I'm afraid I listened to much to it and it kind of lost its magic for me :(

Originally posted by moody
loving their children as a father/mother would do. not that sexual pervert thing you were thinking about, you ivo scorpio pervo :mad:
that reminds me of the thief screaming "Catch the thief!!"

Originally posted by pagan2002
so we'll have less half sarcastic comments about covers from moody i think
i don't think he's smart enough to be sarcastic...

Originally posted by Bambi
and I don't think you'd be half a brave if u were'nt behind a keyboard :lol:

fight ivo fight goddamit!! :mad:
don't have an idea what are you talking about :lol: :lol:

led zeppelin,kashmir

there is a strange relationship between me and that song. it's my favourite at a certain mood and time,makes me...rude enough to be expressed. its the pagan tune definately. :)

and eternity pt1 is my special off the pile,but i cant relate it to any experience.its just the ultimate piece of music for me.:)

Originally posted by ashure
when I was a little kid, my fave song was ..I still don't know the name exactly..the one in Top Gun movie ya know.

but now, well I don't know there are so many special ones for me,even most of them are cheesy ones. they are like some songs playing on background in a special/enjoyable or sad moment.
For ex, when my mom is taken to the hospital, Sorta Fairytale of Tori Amos was playing in doctors' room. So I'm not sure that I still like the song anymore.

well ..probably that's not what you're asking but anyway.

BERLIN!! "take my breath away"!!!! who doesnt like that song??

Originally posted by Bambi
Riders on the storm, by the doors my sisters used to play this and I was obsessed by it, that and stand and deliver by Adam Ant...first vinyl I owned that was.

a very young nipper...and the band played waltzing matilda cos me old man used to sing it to me. tho why u sing a song about ppl having their legs blown off to a six year old is beyond me.

"waltzing matilda...waltzing matilda, you'll come a-waltzing matilda with me..."

great song, indeed, bambi! :)

well as for the original question, well i have to many, but let's see. hmm...ok how about this one: (hahahahahhaa)

bon jovi - always

my first rock song ever. i was 12, i guess. my first date, my first kiss. so you see, it IS a special song.

donjovi.jpg

Originally posted by Don Corleone
BERLIN!! "take my breath away"!!!! who doesnt like that song??

Well me. Atleast cantonese version of it :D We were watching Wong Kar Wais first movie As Tears Go By with my friend and in this truly emotional scene (lovers get together after a break or something) some chinese popstar started to sing that and I know it wasn't ment to be ironic or anything comical. Kinda ruined mood for that scene :lol: :lol:

I would say the songs which are most special to me are...........
'Only for the weak' by In Flames
'Teargas' and 'Tonight's music' by Katatonia
'One Last Goodbye' or 'Fragile dreams' by Anathema
'Lullaby' by The Cure
'Only the good die young' by Iron Maiden
and 'Scar Tissue' by Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Not too sure about why I chose the last two- but all of them leave me feeling so awestruck, they're all such amazing songs. And I feel i can connect with the lyrics and the emotions in the songs on so many levels.- but there are so many other songs i could put down, but these were the first i thought of.

the lad don sed
waltzing matilda...waltzing matilda, you'll come a-waltzing matilda with me..."

great song, indeed, bambi!

depends...theres the actual song waltzing matilda and then the song "and the band played waltzing matilda" which is about aussies being blown to fuck in gallipoli and is much better

"Well those who were living just tried to survive,
In that mad world of blood, death and fire,
And for ten weary weeks I kept myself alive,
While around me the corpses piled higher,
Then a big Turkish shell knocked me arse over head,
And when I awoke in me hospital bed,
And saw what it had done, I wished I was dead,
Never knew there were worse things than dying."

Originally posted by Don Corleone
bon jovi - always
my first rock song ever. i was 12, i guess. my first date, my first kiss. so you see, it IS a special song.

My first rock songs were "Poison" from Alice Cooper and I think "Livin´On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi (well "Slippery When Wet" in general *g*).. I was about 8 :D
I remember when we just got a phone and learned how to use it. My brother made it to get a copy of "Trash" with "Hell Is Living Without You" where Jon Bon Jovi did the additional vocals. Since my cousin who lived quite far away from us was a huge Bon Jovi fan and couldn´t get that tape (yes tape *g*) my brother called her and played her the whole song over the phone. My parents were probably really confused why they got such a huge phone bill *gg*