Songs that are special to you.. and why

Originally posted by moody
donjovi.jpg

Ahahahahahahahaha :lol: whahahahahahahah :lol::lol:
You have no idea how funny it is to see you making fun out of Don and Bon Jovi :D
But, Bon Jovi manly? Hell no!!! :eek:

Originally posted by Eos
"Show Me Heaven" by Maria McKee? ;) It´s a nice song indeed. She has got the most green eyes I ever saw! :eek:

For me it´s "Nothing Else Matters" from Metallica (talking about the live version on "Year and a half..." second part where James has got the bandages on his arms..). That song brought me into metal and that music brought almost all the good things in my life. I mean all the best things that happened had something to do with it :)

i know what u mean about metallica.. was the v first ever metallica song i heard... i was into other stuff, but it made big difference to me ,,, and i the first tshirt i got was the black album one.

still have it 12 yrs on, and it is now a very metal shade of grey.

as far as anathema songs go, i adore one last goodbye, and Anyone anywhere.....

i saw anathema at Kings head last year and was lucky enuf to get my cd signed by danny and vincent.. as that is my most fave album( judgement) it means even mroe to me now!!!

As far as other bands go.... hmmmm

Area 54 - time takes no pain because those lyrics relate to one very specific situation
Area 54- Living a lie. because i had them sung to me before i knew what the song was going to be and they killed me then. Later on they were explained to me and it was as if it was written in my head.

so many songs are important to me, most of the mega events in my life are marked my a song, whetehr good or bad.

3 colours red 'this is my time' is my 'Get up and get it song'. when i was on my final teaching practise, it carried me through every major observation. i woke up to it on my stero and it made me start the day thinkin, this is it, im gonna pass and be a teacher.
And now i am!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Ok
ill stop typing now!!!
LOL

Originally posted by Bambi
the lad don sed

depends...theres the actual song waltzing matilda and then the song "and the band played waltzing matilda" which is about aussies being blown to fuck in gallipoli and is much better

"Well those who were living just tried to survive,
In that mad world of blood, death and fire,
And for ten weary weeks I kept myself alive,
While around me the corpses piled higher,
Then a big Turkish shell knocked me arse over head,
And when I awoke in me hospital bed,
And saw what it had done, I wished I was dead,
Never knew there were worse things than dying."

:lol:

im talking about the one that "and he sang as he watched and waited for his billy boiled..." (something like that)...i think it was a children's song, eh?

One last goodbey and Björk's Bachelorette , for the same reason : I heard these two songs for the first time shortly after my brother died ...well...

and Metallica's One is also a little specialfor getting me into metal

for me .. well, for us .. Metallica's Nothing Else Matters is special.

My other half asked me to go to a Metallica gig when we first got together, but I refused !!
I didn't think we'd last that long...and after all those years I'm still stuck with him.

As for Anathema songs... One last goodbye ... explained that one already...

Originally posted by LostLenore
for me .. well, for us .. Metallica's Nothing Else Matters is special.

My other half asked me to go to a Metallica gig when we first got together, but I refused !!
I didn't think we'd last that long...and after all those years I'm still stuck with him.

my boyfriend took me to Metallica concert on our second week. And I didn't think we'd last that long with him too but here we are for 4 years.
such a coincidence is very interesting, if u ask me.