Songs that have the Burden vibe

sundance

Jun 7, 2005
I'm totally in love with this song. It's a perfect rock ballad to me. I'm a fan of the guitar melodies AND the keyboards.
And thus I also like non-Opeth songs like Stairway to Heaven, Soldier of Fortune (ok, the cover sounds even better), and some Santana stuff.

I hope you got my idea. Can you suggest some more really good stuff like that? It doesn't need to be proggy stuff (but it can). I guess there are a lot of rock songs out there I haven't checked yet!

Thanks in advance!

yeah I'd suggest scorpions, wind of change is obvious but there are many more than that I figure

I think that Camel may have also influenced it. As we know, Andrew Latimer is Mikael's great idol and Camel is one of his alltime fav bands. And this kind of song, although distinctively Opeth, sounds like something Latimer could have written with Mikael. Now that would be something, wouldn't it?:)

It has the all-out vibe and epic feeling to it. Just think of the last solo on Comfortably Numb and those guitar harmonics on Burden.

I do agree with the solo. But it is such a happy song compared to burden, just listen to the chorus .. its like being in the sky.