Songs to commit suicide to?

Larf03

Like a rock
My friend and I were talking the other day about really drepressing songs but darn good ones... We finally came to the conclusion that, even if non of us are suicidal, if someone should walked into your room to find you dead... what song would be blasting through the speakers???

It's a grim topic but I'm curious :)

For me it's Overkill's Years of Decay...:kickass: il you ever open the door to my room and it's dark and this song if playing... don't flick the switch...

Hmm, some songs are more emotive and move a person to those thoughts. I go for the more blatant approach.

I think my favorite suicide song is the version of Gravity on Origin of the Feces by Type O Negative with the immortal line "Take that razoblade and cut your wrist down to the bone and die laughing."

Necromunchkin said:
Hmm, some songs are more emotive and move a person to those thoughts. I go for the more blatant approach.

I think my favorite suicide song is the version of Gravity on Origin of the Feces by Type O Negative with the immortal line "Take that razoblade and cut your wrist down to the bone and die laughing."

Holy crap ... that is a pretty "direct approach" ...SO METAL!!!!

I loved it. Back in high school a teacher was commenting on the subliminal impetus in songs like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Suicide Solution" and "Beyond the Realms of Death" urging listerns to kill themselves. I told her she was grasping at straws. So I made the point of playing that song as a point stating "really, if metal bands wanted their listeners to kill themselves, they'd come out and say it. Like Peter Steel here."

Nevermore's No More Will is a good one...um... several songs by opeth (The Night and the Silent Water etc)... um... i dunno, there are tons

ct_thrash said:
light of day, day of darkness.

also,

The entire first album by Green Carnation: Most Particularly, "My Dark Reflections of Life and Death"

Green Carnation - Two Seconds In Life
Green Carnation - Lullaby In Winter

My Dying Bride - It will come (Nightmare)
My Dying Bride - Sear Me MCMXCIII
My Dying Bride - Sear Me III
My Dying Bride - Christliar
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End of the World
My Dying Bride - Black God
My Dying Bride - The Wreckage of My Flesh

The Entire Album of Sentenced's Cold White Light

Anathema - A Natural Disaster
Burzum - Tomhet
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day (album as a whole)

Mourning Beloveth - The Mountains Are Mine
Nevermore - No More Will/Forever
Opeth - To Bid You Farewell
Opeth - Bleak
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Opeth - By The Pain I See In Others
Opeth - In My Time of Need
Opeth - To rid the disease
Opeth - Weakness
Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
Dream Theater - Voices

Neurosis - The Tide
Neurosis - From The Hill
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets
Neurosis - Falling Unknown
Neurosis - Crawl Back In
Neurosis - Watchfire
Neurosis - Stones From The Sky
Neurosis - Away
Neurosis - Strength of Fates

.....notice a pattern?

Anathema... One Last Goodbye, Anyone Anywhere, Empty, Lost Control, A Natural Disaster, Are You There?...
Nevermore... The Sorrowed Man, In Memory, No More Will, Dreaming Neon Black, Forever

hmmmm

Opeth... In My Time of Need, Weakness, Blackwater Park

Green Carnation... Light of Day, Day of Darkness

My Dying Bride... A Cruel Taste of Winter, She is Dark

andddddddddd..... to top it all off, the most perfect song... :headbang:

*builds suspense*

Death... Pull the Plug