Songwriting Competition Submission Thread

Blood Dripping From the Hand of Defilers
-Originality+Creativity 0
-Cohesion 1
-Time 1
-Complexity 0
-Quality 2
-Total 4/10

I liked the song. However, it is very simple, and it isn't very original. It keeps to a very safe structure, with the riffs for the most part sounding the same throughout. It gets a point for cohesion, in that the end fits well, and also for the break riff in the middle of the song. It was timed well but it could have been a little shorter.

Panzerfaust666 gets a 0/10 for not submitting anything even though he whined about me judging.

Marc Carlson, unfortunately Myspace isn't working so I can't judge your song right now. Did you write it specifically for the competition, or is it a previous work?

I guess we have a winner by default!

ah fuckk ive had non stop to work and no time to finish my song, if the best entry so far is only 4/10 i think i'd have a decent shot at winning

In the interest of making it more interesting, I've pushed the deadline back to Midnight Sunday August 3rd. This gives everyone another week. I'll judge songs as they are submitted, and in the event of a tie, the first song submitted wins.

... WHAT?

"First song submitted wins" ? So if someone is tied with viewer_from_nihil he automatically wins cause he submitted first... ?

Sigh. :erk: so unfair

Yeah but it seems pretty unfair that no matter what, he wins in the even to of a tie, why? Because he was the first to submit, and that is fair... how?

Yeah but it seems pretty unfair that no matter what, he wins in the even to of a tie, why? Because he was the first to submit, and that is fair... how?

Jesus Christ dude.

IF YOU ARE TIED, ( THIS MEANS YOU GET THE SAME SCORE: OR, THAT THE SONGS ARE OF EQUAL QUALITY ), THEN THE SONG SUBMITTED FIRST WILL WIN.

That is TOTALLY fair. If you submit your song at the very last moment, you had more time to work on it than anyone else. Therefore, the song should reflect that. If someone slaps together an awesome song in 5 minutes, thats more impressive than slowly crafting an equally awesome song over the course of a year.

Stop worrying about how I'm going to break a tie, and start worrying about writing a BETTER SONG.

It's a tie breaker dude. In the event of a tie, the song submitted first wins the contest. The alternative is the song submitted last wins the contest. That seems less fair, right?

Likewise, even if I were to use recording quality to break the tie, which is more fair: The better sounding song winning, or the worse sounding song winning? I'm not going to "reward" a bad thing.

^:rolleyes: genius

:kickass: lets do it, come on matt but, i say we make it so we have to write the tiebreaker song and submit it within 48 hours unless of course, there's extenuating circumstances

this is getting absurd...

how bout we just listen and enjoy eachothers music. clearly this competition thing is just gonna cause problems.
~gR~