Sorry to make a new thread to comment on the new stuff but...

SpiritCrusherX

ManBearPig
Apr 5, 2003
Wilkes-Barre, PA
www.myspace.com
...I wanted to make it perfectly clear to everyone that In Flames are more of a pop band than anything now. There's no hope for them. The Quiet Place promo makes R2R look like a fuckin' masterpiece. It sucks hot shit, my God. I could never fathom such a regression. But here it is, right in front of me, and I am appalled.

It's grown on me quite a bit since I first heard it. However, I still think it sucks compared to anything else they've ever done (yes, including Reroute to Remain). There are way too many keyboards, and Anders clean vocals are really terrible. I think he should leave those in Passenger.

I don't have a problem with the clean vocals in Clayman, and even in a few older songs like Ordinary Story and Coerced Coexistence... hell, even Jotun has some, and those fit the song well. But these... wow, they suck.

In The Quiet Place, I can't get over the fact that at times, I hear a hint of Fred Durst-style vocals. That irritates me. The Jon Davis influence is in there too. Why are In Flames trying to be a nu-metal band? Are they really that desperate for new fans that they have to stray this much in order to get them? Fuck this...

well tell yaz the truth... the album sounds better than R2R... production... vocals everything... and i firmly believe that the album is gunna rock... you guys havent even heard the whole album... and im guessing you guys didnt hear the growls in the quiet place... and im thinkin F (r) iend will be the best song on the album... from the reviews and my noticing of the growls in TQP...

In Flames will suck from here on out. They wont be able to fucking write any music that anyone likes. Why? BEcause you whiney motherfuckers want Jester Race/Colony Part 2 and it aint fucking happening! a lot of people were kinda pissed they went from Subterranean-esque stuff to Jester Race, then to Colony, then to R2R. They change styles and NO ONE can fucking seem to get over it. Dont like it? Go listen to your Metallica.

Iced In Flames said:
In Flames will suck from here on out. They wont be able to fucking write any music that anyone likes. Why? BEcause you whiney motherfuckers want Jester Race/Colony Part 2 and it aint fucking happening! a lot of people were kinda pissed they went from Subterranean-esque stuff to Jester Race, then to Colony, then to R2R. They change styles and NO ONE can fucking seem to get over it. Dont like it? Go listen to your Metallica.
you seem to be a very angry man :oops:

Some people have brought this up already, but it's a very valid point...honestly now, would you guys listen to these new songs if it WASN'T In Flames and just some no name band or, just for arguments sake (NOT SAYING THEY SOUND LIKE THEM!), KoRn? I'm not even sure how I would answer this question, but to be honest I probably wouldn't give these songs a real chance if it wasn't In Flames.

After listening to this for awhile all I gotta say is this. There's a million other better bands out there right now, so In Flames can fuck off into mallcore hell and recieve their crap of the month award and then dissapear.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
After listening to this for awhile all I gotta say is this. There's a million other better bands out there right now, so In Flames can fuck off into mallcore hell and recieve their crap of the month award and then dissapear.

Ben

lol, god this guys are so done, to think I use to call them my favorite band...I might as well listen to KoRn. oh well, Cryptopsy got my top pick now, and DARK tRANQUILLITY is the best band out of gothenburg, atleast they still sound like Dark TRanquility.

Final_Vision said:
you seem to be a very angry man :oops:
Just getting real tired of the incessant whining here. In almost every topic someone is bitching about something. How Anders vocals suck, how the guitars suck now, how they use samples, how bout just trying to enjoy it? If ya don't like it. Just move on :)

Iced In Flames said:
Just getting real tired of the incessant whining here. In almost every topic someone is bitching about something. How Anders vocals suck, how the guitars suck now, how they use samples, how bout just trying to enjoy it? If ya don't like it. Just move on :)
How about if your tired of the whining and don't like these topics, stop reading them.