Sorry to make a new thread to comment on the new stuff but...

indian_metalhead said:
Some people have brought this up already, but it's a very valid point...honestly now, would you guys listen to these new songs if it WASN'T In Flames and just some no name band or, just for arguments sake (NOT SAYING THEY SOUND LIKE THEM!), KoRn? I'm not even sure how I would answer this question, but to be honest I probably wouldn't give these songs a real chance if it wasn't In Flames.
good point...makes me think

Iced In Flames said:
In Flames will suck from here on out. They wont be able to fucking write any music that anyone likes. Why? BEcause you whiney motherfuckers want Jester Race/Colony Part 2 and it aint fucking happening! a lot of people were kinda pissed they went from Subterranean-esque stuff to Jester Race, then to Colony, then to R2R. They change styles and NO ONE can fucking seem to get over it. Dont like it? Go listen to your Metallica.

There's a difference between evolving and sucking major amounts of ass. A band can easily evolve without sacrificing EVERY musical principle they stand for. How a band can change this much is beyond me. And yes, I do realize that Metallica did the same thing. I still love IF and Metallica for what they've done but that's all we have now that both of them are pretty much finished writing good shit. I won't stop listening to them but I will start to favor other stuff over them if they don't keep it interesting, which they aren't.

In all honesty, I would probably like the songs more if they were by some no name group....

For example, when I heard "Follow The Hollow" for the first time, I had no idea it was Soilwork...I was just listening to it and I was like "Holy fuckin shit! THIS OWNS!!!"...and then I found out it was Soilwork, and it still ruled, but it's amount of amazingness was justified.

In this case...The Quiet Place is a cool song, but I must admit that it is one of In Flames' poorer songs...therefore I think I would like it better had another band done it.

Thats alllllllll I'm trying to say, this is below In Flames standards. Even the people who like it have admitted that its not close to In Flames best.

it doesn't matter if it's pop or sounds like any band that is popular, it's just good music if you enjoy. If you don't like it, go listen to OTHER stuff. It's their band, let them do what they want to do with it.

Its simple. The single of the wuiet place is strange cause the song isint terrible but ti is not some metal. Its some rock. In flames can change that is normal but damn they can change for the better. whats the idea of saying things like : its normal to change so itsa normal its not as good. Look at Dark tranquillity, damage done is great and its different. We cant say if the album will be good or not till we hear it but the single shows us a change in In flames and a change that isint so great.