Soulseek Weekend II

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Well, I guess it's time to announce the next Soulseek Weekend !!!

Oktober 27-28-29 2006 !!!!!!!

Hawk and me got tons of new and promo stuff so be sure not to miss it !!

Woo Hoo! I'll be there, you can bet on that! If I can find the room, that is. I had to reformat my computer and re-install SS, and I couldn't find the UMOS chat room on the list (yes, I refreshed the room list). I'm gonna try again soon to see if I have better luck.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Woo Hoo! I'll be there, you can bet on that! If I can find the room, that is. I had to reformat my computer and re-install SS, and I couldn't find the UMOS chat room on the list (yes, I refreshed the room list). I'm gonna try again soon to see if I have better luck.

Just click "Create a room" and type "UM Old School" (minus the quotes) and you'll get there, whether anyone else is online or not. You can also setup Soulseek to join UMOS everytime it starts up, right click on the chat screen when you're in the room and select "Toggle Room Autojoin".

I changed my ISP some time ago and it seems they have p2p programs such as Soulseek on low priority which basically means the speeds suck.:erk:
I might stop by and chat though...

tsorl said:
Just click "Create a room" and type "UM Old School" (minus the quotes) and you'll get there, whether anyone else is online or not. You can also setup Soulseek to join UMOS everytime it starts up, right click on the chat screen when you're in the room and select "Toggle Room Autojoin".

I changed my ISP some time ago and it seems they have p2p programs such as Soulseek on low priority which basically means the speeds suck.:erk:
I might stop by and chat though...
Thanks tsorl! Got in just fine that way. I am also concerned about download speeds as I've added a router since the last SS weekend. Push comes to shove though, I'll unhook the router for that weekend and just plug in directly. All that port forwarding stuff is too tricky for me.

I was trying to remember if you had to add a person's nickname in order to see them chat, or is that just to down/upload with them? It's gonna take me awhile to get back up to speed on SS!

. All that port forwarding stuff is too tricky for me.

Well, I also had to struggle through that... You can easy test if your ports are open in SS options-> general options -> test firewall & routers settings. if they are not correctly configured there is a help option.. But if you can unplug the router, it's alot easier !!

Most probabably I will be out of the country due to work reasons, sorry people :(

I will try my best to be there! Fall seems to be busy time of the year for some reason... Gotta make money when I can!

I will leave SS on THIS weekend since I will be working most of the weekend. Drop me a chat if anyone has the time!

28th looks good but the 29th is full for me. I send my wife off to Indianapolis and the Broncs play Indianapolis here! Too funny.

Reactions: Hawk
Wheezer said:
28th looks good but the 29th is full for me. I send my wife off to Indianapolis and the Broncs play Indianapolis here! Too funny.
That's why we do SS "weekends", Wheez. That covers two days instead of one and we have much better chance of everyone turning out at some point. I also like to start the weekends on Friday night, so I'll probably be in there then. That works good for us North Americans who are near the same time zones. It's like the prelim party. :kickass:

That's why we do SS "weekends", Wheez. That covers two days instead of one and we have much better chance of everyone turning out at some point. I also like to start the weekends on Friday night, so I'll probably be in there then. That works good for us North Americans who are near the same time zones. It's like the prelim party. :kickass:

Hey buddy, it was great meeting you online. We'll do it again and let hope we'll meet in the flesh next year in Atlanta!!

Yes, sir, 'twas fun for sure! I only got half that A.C.T. album before my ISP throttled me. I'll pick up the rest on SS Weekend II.

What's going on in Atlanta next year?? ;)

:loco: :headbang: :lol:

27th can be do-able, probably in the afternoon my time, but i'll try. 28th, no can do, got a radio show to prep for and do that day and the 29th.....i got work that day so it might be very hard, but possible.

I have a new computer, so i have way less now and i have a new name.

Wicked Child said:
27th can be do-able, probably in the afternoon my time, but i'll try. 28th, no can do, got a radio show to prep for and do that day and the 29th.....i got work that day so it might be very hard, but possible.

I have a new computer, so i have way less now and i have a new name.

Dude! Good to see you. Listen there's no problem, just leave SS on and type in some requests and we can upload what you need.

Whats your new name?