SOUND CLIPS FROM 'IMMORTAL' !!

Jon got Matt to sing a new version of "A Charge to Keep." I'm psyched about hearing this whenever the hell the new single is released... Well and pretty much everything else. :D

I think Matt CHOSE to sing A Charge to Keep. I remember Jon saying that The Clouding was the only one he knew for sure Matt was re-doing, and that he sent Matt a copy of Framing Armageddon so that he could choose a few more.

I think Matt CHOSE to sing A Charge to Keep. I remember Jon saying that The Clouding was the only one he knew for sure Matt was re-doing, and that he sent Matt a copy of Framing Armageddon so that he could choose a few more.

Matt made a very good decision then. :D I remember hearing the song, and while Tim did a good job of it, I couldn't help but wonder how much better it would sound with Matt at the mic instead.

I found "The Clouding" extremely boring. Odd I know.

Yeah I didn't care much for it either. The setian part was quite good, but the first part was either just very bad or extremely ill-suited with ripper's vocals (or both). I am stoked about hearing Matt doing Setian Massacre though, one of my favorites on the album.

But anyway we're going too far off topic, let's get back to pyramaze! :headbang:

I'm hearing Year of the Phoenix right now, and damn do I love that song! I honestly think I'm loving it more and more in every listen, every single second of it is pure perfection. I think all the band members have really outdone themselves with this one! If all the other songs are half as good as this one is, Immortal is gonna be one amazing album :D

Matt should just release a solo project in addition to everything else, then he would really have our attention!:rolleyes:

Hmm, I'd love to hear a solo project by Matt, that would kick some major ass. Although I do agree that another Pyramaze album with him would be better, but I suppose it's kinda out of the question :(

I was kinda joking about the solo cd, he has enough going on. Would prefer another Pyramaze cd before anything else.

Jon got Matt to sing a new version of "A Charge to Keep." I'm psyched about hearing this whenever the hell the new single is released... Well and pretty much everything else. :D

I thought that was one of the songs that most suited Tim Owens' voice on Something Wicked Part 1. Will be interesting to hear Barlow's voice on it and it may finnaly help me decide for sure which vocalist I like better in Iced Earth.

Thank you.

I was planning on finally listening to "The Varangian Way" tonight, but I may have to listen to Pyramaze instead... And Iced Earth.

Any news on the new label Pyramaze guys? I know, I'm impatient.

Looking at this thread I can only think: 'OMG, we're such Matt-fanboys':OMG:
But if anyone deserves it..he does.
Is it bad to say that I pity Pyramaze next vocalist for the awfully big shoes he'll have to fill? :p

Don't get me wrong...I think and expect that Pyramaze will find a very good new vocalist though.

this kind of thing will probably all come at once.

you can't just say your into talks with such and such company only for it to not go through.
then questions arise, who or what made it fall through?

Politics in record companies can be brutal.

Ripper Owens is one of the great metal singers. Too bad he keeps getting f@#$% over. Beyond Fear was Ok. Could have been better. Matt Barlow belongs with Iced Earth but Ripper was just as good for Schaffer's band. A heavier sound for Iced Earth would have been better for Ripper's voice. I think Ripper would even be a good fit for Pyramaze.
I say keep Matt in Iced Earth. Pyramaze should either bring back Lance King or get Ripper Owens. Yngwie may just be a dick towards him too.

lance won't come back. both sides are in agreement that they will not work with each other again.

so a lance thing won't happen unless alot of water under the bridge disappears.

Ripper needs to stop job hopping. at most i say a vocalist should ever do is 3 at the same time with decent division for the 3.

Ripper is doing,
Yngwie
Beyond Fear
Winters Bane
Soulbender?
and probably more.

Just do them in this order plz
Winters Bane
Beyond Fear
soulbender
screw the rest, i lost my taste for music that essentially is to showcase 1 musician. Ripper hits a few sweet high notes followed by yngwie doing a whole bunch of riffs that may sound good, but make me want to nap.

If he did pyramaze winters bane would lose its edge.

any other projects id see of him would be interesting for maybe a song or two, why not just have them as guest musicians for beyond fear?

I wonder what happened with Pyramaze and Lance though that they're all so certain they won't work again. Are there bad feelings towards him or something?

Also, I was thinking since it's been quite a long time since the samples were released and that you guys found a label and everything, don't we get some more samples? :D

I don't really know what happend, but it seems Lance won't come back. But I still hope that the overwhelming reviews of Immortal will lead us to another album with Matt! :) I know, chances are very very low, but I won't give up hoping! I agree 100% with an entry of the Pyramaze guestbook:

poem (holland): "i`m a big fan of iced earth for a long time of my life, but matt sounds better on the 2 samples of pyramaze then the whole iced earth period. ( not the voice, everything sounds better ). Pleace stay with pyramaze ."

Matt, if you read this, at least two guys want you to stay!!! Guess there are some more though! :)

Nevertheless, Pyramaze will also rule with another vocalist! I only hope that they will not choose an air raid siren like Ripper Owens or ... ... ... In my opinion this awesome music needs a vocalist who can sing in lower registers as well! But Pyramaze, I trust in you, you'll find another amazing voice that suits your music! :headbang: