SOUND CLIPS FROM 'IMMORTAL' !!

Everything I have read (and I've been checking everywhere) says, "Matt has never sounded better, the 2-songs are great and he should stay right where he is in Pyramaze". Some IE fans are mentioning this as well, though they are happy for his return to IE, of course.

I actually agree with NM 156. Would prefer Matt to stay, but Ripper could be a good fit for Pyramaze.

Well, I have to say after hearing the four new Iced Earth tunes with Matt - MATT FUCKING BELONGS IN PYRAMAZE. PERIOD. I've been an Iced Earth fan since NotS first came out and was part of the "Matt Barlow is Iced Earth" movement - but fucking hell, he is Pyramaze. Iced Earth seems to be kicking a dead horse on the last few albums, and without adapting and evolving I think that Jon Schaffer's end is close at hand.

In the music world, you can never say never. Lance may come back to Pyramaze one day (he still has the footage from the concert they recorded for a DVD if I'm not mistaken) - Matt may return to Pyramaze full time - the Ripper/Winters Bane thing might one day happen, Ripper's ego may deflate a bit one day and Iced Earth may go back to writing and playing like they did on NotS and BO. But until those days come, we have to live with what we've been gifted with, and Immortal is one of those gifts. Savor its sweet tunes, for the chemistry that has been displayed on Year of the Phoenix and Cameron's Pome is VERY VERY RARE, and only comes along a few times in a life time.

i can understand what you are saying about how great those two songs are. though matt's greatness aside Pyramaze is a list of people who come up with a greatness that hasn't been seen in a while.

Im not giving up on Iced Earth though. I walk alone is mid tempo runner. not what id consider ep material. So i think its only messing with me and others right now.

Iced Earth was great with ripper itll be great with matt. Immortal will be better with matt.

we can go on and on about matt needs to stay but in affect that tarnishes what the rest of the band is going through.

you guys will without a doubt continue to make mind blowing stuff.

and who knows maybe Jens Carlsson will join

now that would be insane.

Have a feelin and I'm sticking to it, Matt will be singing on the follow up to "Immortal".
All we have is the 2- new songs to go by, but boy they sound soooo daaaaaamn goooood!
I'm sure they would be able to work out the schedule/recording time.

I think that's certainly a possibility in terms of studio recordings...it just makes it very tough to do many live shows, with Matt already having to rearrange most of his free time to accomodate his first priority, Iced Earth. In that respect, they may be better off finding someone else...which as of right now is the case anyway. But who knows, wacky things happen ;)

How's about Sean Hetherington from Intense? :D
*listening to the new "I Walk Among You" samples on IE's Myspace page* Aaahh yes, that's nice I like that...

Have a feelin and I'm sticking to it, Matt will be singing on the follow up to "Immortal".
All we have is the 2- new songs to go by, but boy they sound soooo daaaaaamn goooood!
I'm sure they would be able to work out the schedule/recording time.

I'm sure they discussed it, but they already decided that it won't happen, and I doubt (although hope) that something will happen to change that...

Same feelings here. I'm still thinking about who would be a kickass new singer for the band and uhh *slaps head* Oliver Hartmann!!! :D :D

I think that's certainly a possibility in terms of studio recordings...it just makes it very tough to do many live shows, with Matt already having to rearrange most of his free time to accomodate his first priority, Iced Earth. In that respect, they may be better off finding someone else...which as of right now is the case anyway. But who knows, wacky things happen ;)

Pyramaze doesn't tour that much anyway.

If they find a more permanent singer and decide to tour more, then I'm all for it.

Possible new singers that they may look at probably have (like Matt) the multiple project thing going on themselves. Is he in? Is he out? all over again.

I wouldn't be surprised in a year or so from now if we hear that Matt is back to record again?

Though, for all we know they have a lesser known yet talented singer lined up. This could be a good thing, one who would give thier right arm to be in and fully commit to Pyramazes desired schedule and thats it. More stability and less who will be the singer questions.
Who knows? Every move up to this point has worked out great!

well lok at jonah right now he has 3 other bands that are his creation
Structure of Inhumanity, Dance of the Mourning Child, and Echoetra(sp)

Id love to see pyramaze live someday but when it comes to touring they just don't really need it.
they also would have to fly two ppl over there for europe's tour and then fly the Europeans over here. that burns a hole in the wallet real fast. And only doing fests isn't a huge money grabber in comparison to full blown tours. alot of fests you have to pay to get into.

What makes Pyramaze a pure band is that they say they are only in for the entertainment and music.
alot of bands say this too but pyramaze can prove it better than most.

It pains me to say i may never see pyramaze live but that won't stop me from keeping them at the top of my list of all-time favorites.

I couldn't imagine Ripper following up Barlow again, this time at Pyramaze.
And I prefer Ripper at other bands than the epic/melodic/power metal bands as Pyramaze and Iced Earth.
I am not the greatest fan of his voice. But I think he fits better anyway in a more rough/thrashy band. More in the style of Priest perhaps.
Why? He is the type of guy that really loves to do the raw heavy and high shit. He is able to do 'clean' melody-lines pretty well too (I think waterloo by iced earth was a pretty good example for this).
But raw and heavy is what he mostly does (and likes), and if you do that too much it just doesn't fit to a band like IE or Pyramaze in my opinion.