Speakers or headphones?

Hello, I like my JBL Headphones(round ear) better than I like my speakers, so for me: Headphones.:)

depends...if I'm in my car it's blast the speakers, if I'm playing my guitar it's headphones cause I live in an apartment and not everyone enjoys my music as much as me. Read they are sooo much older than me..

even after the walkman
you still had shit-tons of people walking around with headphones
seemed like every single person in the whole fucking metroplex had portable CD players for the 2 or 3 years before MP3 players became a thing
and now everybody's got MP 3 players and music on their cell phones
but now
everybody's got these bluetooth speakers that are designed to blare out the music playing from your phone
there's even ones that are designed to play phone music while clipped to your bicycle
which is funny because i'm seeing people buy a speaker desingned to clip to a bicycle and then the bike comes from wal-mart
and the speaker clipped to the bike costs more than the bike that it's clipped to

anyone else use these speakers designed to play music from your cellphone??
or are you guys using actual stereo-systems??

I have a little Bluetooth speaker I was gifted. I haven't used it from my phone yet, but a friend has. But the main reason I take it with me when I go away is to use it from a laptop. It's not great quality by any means, but it sounds better than laptop speakers. I have no desire to use it in public.

One thing I noticed is that it has a lot of trouble with my horrible experimental/noise album because I intentionally mastered that in my own amateur/fucked up way. Plus, it's only a single speaker and I did a lot of things like making the pitch off between channels, so when the speaker plays it as mono the two channels interfere with each other in some parts.

Reactions: Blurry_Dreams
I have a little Bluetooth speaker I was gifted. I haven't used it from my phone yet, but a friend has. But the main reason I take it with me when I go away is to use it from a laptop. It's not great quality by any means, but it sounds better than laptop speakers. I have no desire to use it in public.
the speakers i'm describing are speakers where the sound-quality will be noticably better if it's used from a phone instead of a laptop, even if it's playing the sound from the exact same youtube video

Grado SR-225 are right around the $200 mark, and are considered one of the best headphones for rock/metal.

Brilliant indoor headphones (as mentioned they're open can so not really practical for public use).

I've used a pair of the slightly cheaper Grado SR80's for years and there's no comparison for me under £150. Great sound.

One thing I noticed is that it has a lot of trouble with my horrible experimental/noise album because I intentionally mastered that in my own amateur/fucked up way. Plus, it's only a single speaker and I did a lot of things like making the pitch off between channels, so when the speaker plays it as mono the two channels interfere with each other in some parts.
the speakers i was refering to are made for mainstream music (read music played on radio/MTV)
but, even with your crazy "noise music" the speaker's sound quality might come out noticeably better if you play the speaker off of a cell-phone instead of your laptop

Interesting thread. It doesn't matter too much, but when I'm driving in my car, I prefer the speakers, but at home, I use my headphones, an old pair of Realistic Nova 40s.

I just wore out my last pair of headphones{AKG} anf went right back to the same place and got an even better pair of AKG's that were on sale. I use them when I play as I live in apts. They really sound good...

Generally prefer headphones:
1. Closed-back provides sound isolation making it easier to hear details in the music.
2. Allows you to move about without dealing with leaving the sweet spot between stereo speakers.
3. Can listen without bothering anyone else, especially when someone is lying next to you in bed.
4. No worries about placement and room treatment for optimal sound.
5. Provides more bang for the buck.

Love my B&W P7 Wireless for metal. They've got magic pixie dust that makes everything sound better. (They are discontinued and wow... Looks like they are selling for more used than they did when new).

For those that need thump in your chest:
aBXQugr

01_WoojerStrapEdge_1200x1200.png

Don't get me wrong, I do love blasting some good speakers.

just had to replace my old headphones and got another better pair of AKG headpgones. These are so cool. I can hear myself playing but not much else. They were on sale but I'd of gotten them either way...