speaking of pits

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
I don't go into too many pits anymore. I feel like I've outgrown them. For a recent Slayer show, I didn't get in the pit at all . I was in the pit for Anthrax when they opened for priest of course. And I was in the pit for LOA when they did that reunion last month in NYC. That was a great trip. I stayed at a the Ritz Carlton and ate at all the trendy ny restaurants. Plus I was with two hot chicks. we partied like rock stars.

I took those two same chicks to philly a few months ago because they're into the strokes. again, we stayed at the ritz and partied like hell but the strokes suck. I just don't see what's so good about them. Plus, I fucked everyone up in that pit.

Congratulations!
You've been promoted, dude!

You have made enough posts to be considered a Senior Member.

Congrats on the promotion.

I feel to old to do the whole pit thing too. (32)
A few years ago Anthrax was playing at Harpo's, (Detroit) I got onstage, did a little Mosh, (minding the 3 second rule).
However, when I looked down at the crowd, I could see fear in their eyes, because I'm not a skinny 19 yr old anymore!
I thought "Holy SHIT! Someone is going to get hurt."
Trying to be a nice guy, I jumped over the crowd and sprained my ankle really bad. Had to go the hospital the next day. The doctor laughed his ass off at me.

Worse part is that I'm a supervisor and I lied to my guys about what happened. Well, my wife let the truth slip to the wrong people, and they found out, had to endure more embarrasing comments.

I get to giddy at Anthrax concerts. Isn't this a good time to kind of cut loose?

Originally posted by Lordlindsey
Congrats on the promotion.

I feel to old to do the whole pit thing too. (32)
A few years ago Anthrax was playing at Harpo's, (Detroit) I got onstage, did a little Mosh, (minding the 3 second rule).
However, when I looked down at the crowd, I could see fear in their eyes, because I'm not a skinny 19 yr old anymore!
I thought "Holy SHIT! Someone is going to get hurt."
Trying to be a nice guy, I jumped over the crowd and sprained my ankle really bad. Had to go the hospital the next day. The doctor laughed his ass off at me.

Worse part is that I'm a supervisor and I lied to my guys about what happened. Well, my wife let the truth slip to the wrong people, and they found out, had to endure more embarrasing comments.

I get to giddy at Anthrax concerts. Isn't this a good time to kind of cut loose?

Noooooo!!!! Don't start thinking like that man. I'm 32 and I assure you when they play wolverhampton I'll be starting the pit, shouting all the lyrics out and behaving like a loon....plenty of time to be old when I'm sixty..:)

The last Thrax show I saw here in Australia was 96 on the Stomp 442 tour - I was in the middle of a bout of glandular fever and I'd been off work for 6 weeks by this stage. I somehow dragged myself to the venue off pure adrenaline and then moshed in front row for 2 hours - God knows how I didnt die!!!! It was worth it though. LOL

well when slayer played, i just would be like headbanging and the songs i love war ensemble, alter, postmortem, angel, raining, seasons, bloodline, would come on and id just go fucking nuts and start slammin in the pit