Starting to build my home Studio.....

John Haddad (Shiva Industries)

Dump Truck Repairs
Nov 17, 2005
Corona, CA
www.trenchstudio.com
I Finally mustered the courage to throw a hammer through the wall to make it official. Here is the room thus far before things get started... I currently have a studio in a leased facility but its time to bring it home. I already bought the doors and flooring so Im off to a good start even though those are the last installments. WISH ME LUCK!!!

hs1.jpg

hs2.jpg

good luck man. its hard work for sure. im sure itll be worth it in the end. i always think about leasing a facility but always end up deciding against it. bands dont care as long as they are comfortable and dont have to be worried about super high prices. i hope to move to a bigger house and build a bigger studio in the next couple of years though. keep us updated with pics john, interesting stuff for sure.

These threads are great... I've been looking to buy a house.. and one of the main things I've been looking for is a big.. open area to make a studio.. Cathedral ceilings would be nice.. :p

The studio looks like it will be awesome dude, congrats on going forward with it. I'm still currently working full time as management at a grocery store and recording/mixing bands as often as I can, but still living at home, working on saving up enough capital to buy some property and build my own house, of course complete with studio space attached (or detatched, who knows). The only thing that worries me about doing recording full time is the lack of health insurance...I don't want to have to sell off half of the studio just because someone got in a car wreck, you know? When I get married, hopefully the wife can have a job that takes care of the insurance end of things! :lol: Worst case, I'll work the grocery store JUST enough to keep the benefits...but I really, really would prefer not to.

The studio looks like it will be awesome dude, congrats on going forward with it. I'm still currently working full time as management at a grocery store and recording/mixing bands as often as I can, but still living at home, working on saving up enough capital to buy some property and build my own house, of course complete with studio space attached (or detatched, who knows). The only thing that worries me about doing recording full time is the lack of health insurance...I don't want to have to sell off half of the studio just because someone got in a car wreck, you know? When I get married, hopefully the wife can have a job that takes care of the insurance end of things! :lol: Worst case, I'll work the grocery store JUST enough to keep the benefits...but I really, really would prefer not to.

Yeah, i hear that... I'm working at myspace as much as I can to buy all the necessary (and not so necessary :) ) equipment for my studio... then I'll drop that shit to part time just enough to keep my bills paid and do nothing but record bands and practice my mixing and whatnot...

The only thing that worries me about doing recording full time is the lack of health insurance...I don't want to have to sell off half of the studio just because someone got in a car wreck, you know? When I get married, hopefully the wife can have a job that takes care of the insurance end of things! :lol: Worst case, I'll work the grocery store JUST enough to keep the benefits...but I really, really would prefer not to.

Thank satan for free healthcare. Wouldn't want to be forced to think that way...

Framed all the walls and windows and hung the doors ("which by the way were a b*tch as you see by the shim hell") The doors I got a good deal on, dual pane glass solid core 1 3/4 thick doors. So I had to build all the door jambs and frames myself....eeekkk. In the end it'll be worth it however because I'm going to stain the doors,jambs and moldings the same as the wood floor I'm putting in. YAY!!! Lots of work done recently - glad I have the rest of this month off to finish it. Calling the electrician and glass guy next week.:headbang:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg