STATE OF EUPHORIA Appreciation Thread

Stompmosher

Aug 13, 2011
My 1st Anthrax Album, got it in "88". Great Guitar and Bass tone, Drum sound could have been better, I think they were chasing the NFV sound which is killer. Stand out tracks, Be all, Out of Sight (My Fave), Now it's Dark, Finale. At the time we didn't know it was unfinished so we loved it as it was, but since it came to light, you can tell. Solos and singing sound very 1 take-ish in some songs. Make me Laugh, potential to be awesome, but Joeys does sing the verses out of time, I guess they were really pressed for time. This is not a dig at Joey at all. Thoughts?

So true. I got on the bus only yesterday and wanted to crank this on my ipod. Didn't even bother though. Could barely hear it over the noise of the bus!

At least we got half the album re-mastered with No Hit Wonders.:kickass:

This is the one that started it all for me. My friend had the tape and he dubbed it for me (remember dubbing?) This was the first metal I had ever got into, Slayer was too "hardcore" for me at 13. I remember the tape running out before Finale played so I listened to that album forever without that song. When I bought the tape is was magical to have the last track. Then bought ATL on tape and never stopped. 22 years later and I'm still a diehard never been disappointed by a note:worship:

i like it the way it is, one of my faves, similar to 'Among' but more melodic. all 80's metal records should be remastered and SOE is no exception.

Likewise after I'm the Man EP this was my first Anthrax album.

I hated how low in volume the production is. Very flat. Pity as I feel the album is still great content wise.

This was my first Anthrax album and I got it, I think, in 1988 (or 89? can't really remember now). I haven't listened to it for a long time, but there are some really good riffings and Charlie is doing his best job. Lot of fillers though and some of the songs are way too long.

One of the first Anthrax albums I ever heard and Be All, End All is my favorite Anthrax song ever. I really like Antisocial, Who Cares Wins, NOW IT'S DARK and Finale too, but the rest I can't really even remember right now.

Remastering is needed badly.

Just listening to SOE tracks on Youtube...some killer ideas there, but the vocal lines are mostly pretty lame. Looks like they did not really have time to make it better.

Be All End All, Who Cares Wins, Now It's Dark, Misery Love Company, and Finale are the standout tracks for me with this album, which yes, desperately needs a remastering. I remember a kid in school having a SoE t-shirt that said on the back "DON'T YOU FUCKING LOOK AT ME" in big letters, and the admin making him wear it inside out. Yeah, I'm sure that showed him. :lol:

For me the riff in the "Take your head from up your ass" in Out of Sight is right up there with I am the Law and NFL, mighty riff with killer tone. This song is so underated. Right under the Radar.

I think tracks 1 to 6 are quality, but the tracks after are filler, except finale. Best song - Be All End All. Out of Sight is great too. Awesome solo on Be All End All