stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Hello all,
new to the forum. Seemed like the best place to start. Here's a random thought for the day.... who thinks that if we had the money and the ability to send everyone on earth in to space, and have them see the earth as one whole community of people as opposed to countries with different but ultimately pointless differences, we'd have a chance at world peace?
Whilst you contemplate - we've just finished recording this years new album. Check out a trailer and a vid here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SABbOGIE2u0&list=UUqYmwcGM4MUuD8KI2KbfOxw&index=2

Oh, and Belac... let us know when yours is finished. Mixing / mastering is a pain in the arse isn't it?! Good luck with it dude!

Boss Keloid

welcome :). i personally think you smoke too much weed

but in all seriousness, i think that there will always be something to what we have now. be it two tribes on opposite sides of a river, or countries in the earth, we want what others have.
if we bind ourselves as a collective earth, and advance our technology, advance space exploration. maybe we find a planet of aliens, but then its just a case of aliens takin our jobs or something.

all that matters is ones genes get passed on, while others do not. were all just chimps with big brains and small minds.

who smokes too much weed now? ::Smug:

welcome :). i personally think you smoke too much weed

but in all seriousness, i think that there will always be something to what we have now. be it two tribes on opposite sides of a river, or countries in the earth, we want what others have.
if we bind ourselves as a collective earth, and advance our technology, advance space exploration. maybe we find a planet of aliens, but then its just a case of aliens takin our jobs or something.

all that matters is ones genes get passed on, while others do not. were all just chimps with big brains and small minds.

who smokes too much weed now? ::Smug:

They took our jaaabs!!!

I wasn't at my PC for a few days (only had phone) so you beat me to the lengthy response. I had the same thing to say, it's very unlikely that humans will ever come to true peace, especially if we get into space and discover we are not alone. We like to elevate ourselves above other living things because of our ability to manipulate the environment around us and dominate the planet with our superior intellect and understanding of life/death and consciousness. However for the most part it is those exact qualities that we think make us superior to less advanced life that makes us unpredictable and hostile. We can never agree on what is right because every individual has the ability to make a conscious choice, and what one individual calls happiness, another craves something different.

You need a hive mind to be in total agreement. So if we all become Zerg we can be HAPPY:).

Unless we run across another species, then we go to war with those assholes!

and then we'll be all like

Space_Marines_codex_cover.jpg