stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Agreed, I like Pulp Fiction too but beyond that I find him over-rated. Kill Bill was one of the worst movies I saw the year it was released, and Dusk Till Dawn and Reservoir Dogs are both given more credit than they deserve. Still the man has a knack for writing dialogue. What I liked about Django Unchained though was that it didn't feel like it had Tarantino's signature smothered all over it and shoved in your face, aside from a very iffy soundtrack it felt like a quirky Western.

Anyone else find the soundtrack distracting? I hear it got all kind of acclaim but I don't understand why, the composer himself said his soundtrack was used incoherently and he won't work with Tarantino again.

^to me, the best thing about Tarantino movies is his signature. So as a Tarantino movie, it is good, but compared to all the rest he's done, i would rank around the middle.

Overall i found a bit tiring, it was a big movie, 90% of it was the both main characters. There was no plot twists, no side stories, the movie was pretty much what was on the trailer. But the gore was good and there was some funny moments. And of course, great acting, Stefan was much better than Christoph Waltz.

I like his signature style in certain occasions. Pulp Fiction obviously benefits from that "signature" but I'm glad he kept that to a minimum for a movie like Django, it would have suffered. The humor was almost out of place but I always enjoyed it, I actually laughed out loud a couple of times. Regarding Stefan's second life, I preferred Waltz overall of the two characters, but they were both excellent.

Out of curiosity which of his movies do you rank highest?

definitely Inglorious Basterds, good plot, great fun, great gore, great acting.

Listening to some kind of weird tribal evangelical music from Africa or Haiti or something. There is a lot of some black dude yelling out random shit in some African language followed by a group of black people repeating it.

Yeah Im in a car full of people that dont speak english... Lol

Listening to some kind of weird tribal evangelical music from Africa or Haiti or something. There is a lot of some black dude yelling out random shit in some African language followed by a group of black people repeating it.

Yeah Im in a car full of people that dont speak english... Lol

enjoy your voodoo hex