stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

I'm pretty much on the verge of quitting alcohol completely myself. I slowed down on all of my vices a lot, mostly because I was falling apart, but then I had a near death experience that I'm still processing. That was a pretty big wake up call. It's easier to commit to changing yourself when you experience the consequences of your lifestyle at its worst. I've been self-destructive in some way or another for a while now, but it comes in waves. I'll feel great for a few years, then get completely sick of my life and fall into depression until I find another way to be happy. It's a pain in the ass mental health thing, that often causes relapses in alcoholism. The shitty economy and housing market and total lack of hope sure don't help though.

Right now things are looking up though. Less booze, slightly more productivity.

yeah im not looking forward to renegotiating my loan again in 4 years haha. then again mortgage interest is still the lowest its been. i suppose you are living in ontario and i hear the housing prices there are insane. we bought in NB and basically had to submit an offer that day.

i always found when im most stressed out i tend to binge pretty hard. there are still a few stories my friends tell, about what a fun night we all had. and in my head i cant help but think "i almost died that night". i just cant drink like a regular person. i have actually made a promise to myself that I will only drink again when i truly feel I could only have one drink and be ok. and i know that day may not ever come haha. even after 4 years i still couldnt do just one, i want like 8 and i want to ruin my life and pass out lmao. and i know if i have even one ill drink every day again.

but the nice thing is now my life and my mental health feel much better and more stable. ive managed to keep a job for 3 years (and in a career i actually like), which is something ive never been able to do. i got married, and i actually have savings now.

The thing that kept me going was; i wont say im never drinking again, but i will say i wont drink today. that i can handle, and hopefully tomorrow i can too.

good luck out there

Reactions: Belac and DarkGift
That's a very relatable and encouraging story man, and I get the logic behind taking each day at a time. Thanks for sharing your experience. As a dude that is in the middle of recovery and maybe even doing something productive eventually, it's good to hear stuff like that.

Reactions: DarkGift
Cj0ahRa.gif

Reactions: DarkGift
On one hand I like abortions because i hate kids and im sick of my tax money going into living incubators and welfares, on the other hand it gives w0man freedom of choice.

Im on the fence with this one.