stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

nope. what's in it? :)

It's chicken (the small,soft, tender ones, not the big full grown hen/cåck), steamed and then marinated with loads of spices and curds overnight. Then cooked above fire on a rotating metal stick thing (whatever you call that, i do not know the english name for the process... it's close to grilling though.) and then when it's color changes to "cooked" then they start slicing thin layers of meat from the still rotating stick. Sprinkle it with mix of indian spices, and it's good to eat. Bestest form of indian chicken preparation...

Something like this... but in an indian way, without the electric heater thing... it's done on fire here and the raotating stick is parallel to the ground... And it looks a hell lot better too...

D%C3%B6ner_kebab_slicing.jpg

PS : it's called Rotisserie.

kebab in india is a completely different thing from what you people know it to be. And no, shavarma isn't even close to the kebab (donor kebab) that you people know of...

Yup... That's what marinating is supposed to do... :D

Btw, on second thought, it is somewhat like an indian iteration of donor kebab...

I'm eating gujiya that my mom sent me on diwali... :)

Dinner will be here in 10 minutes or so... shavarma has been ordered along with more åsomeness that will take me a lot of effort to explain to you guys :D

I want to make a trip to delhi too... The people in south india can't cook the awesome north indian food properly... Delhi is eaters heaven <3

No. I hate alcohol in general, but red wine tastes really great with meat. And scotch on the rocks feels awesome going down and has almost no bad taste at all...