Stereo System

The classic cut-on-the-finger-of-unknown-origin. I get these at work sometimes and I always wonder "what hepatitis-infested surface caused *this*?!"

Stereo.jpg

LOL - yeah, I remember wondering what "Super T-Bass" actually sounded like, so I put the "Super T-Bass" setting to 'Max' (it actually goes 1-2-3-Max), changed the EQ to 'Rock', pumped the volume to around 25 and played 'Master Of Puppets' from the S&M album. My cat nearly died, I nearly shat myself, and I never, ever did it again.

Yeah, wasn't it Sony who had "Mega-bass"? I seem to remember a little switch on my Discman I had back in whatever year. I just assumed it was for the then popular Bass movement in the hip-hop crowd. Heh, remember those guys who would drive around with their license plates rattling?

I think I might jump on this component based system bandwagon. The last system I had was one of those mini/micro system things which at least are pretty smart and nice looking unlike those hideous huge placticy all-in-one things. At the moment I only listen to stuff through my very old PC speakers or through my car CD player.

dill_the_devil said:
and I never, ever did it again.
hahahaha yeah, I never tried Mega bass again after I tried it and realized that it didn't have anything to do with actual bass guitar. :lol:

dill_the_devil said:
I've seen "3D Bass" .......that humans have the hardest time figuring out which direction bass frequencies are coming from.
:lol: True.

Doom said:
I think I might jump on this component based system bandwagon. The last system I had was one of those mini/micro system things which at least are pretty smart and nice looking
Ima gonna have to go ahead and agree with you there. Some of them systems are nice looking but I always questioned their power. I like component systems because they remind me of "old" tech '70s stuff where only people who were relatively well-off would have a high-end stereo system. They'd have friends over and do coke and listen with wonder at the groovy 8-track sound.

I have a Monarch solid state amp that's a bit over 30 years old, and some Sanusui speakers which I think are about 20 years old.
Got it hooked up to my PC, works nice.

dorian gray said:
Yeah, wasn't it Sony who had "Mega-bass"? I seem to remember a little switch on my Discman I had back in whatever year.

Yeah, it was Sony, and they still use the trademark, at least on the three-year old model I own (exact number in the pre-bump portions of this thread). I also thought it wasn't very useful.

jesus so my car stereo is horrendous. Well, i think whatever the actual stereo is, is decent but the speakers are shot.

i'm clueless about car audio so can one of you fine gents suggest some speakers for me to purchase and install in my automobile?

Carry two or three in the car with you at a time. Problem solved.

Hey should I go to Asian Extravaganza night with Jmel and Steve? This goes against my "saving spree" resolution. Fuck...

Carry two or three in the car with you at a time. Problem solved.

I'm to anal about my cd's to bring any. Only one in there is a copy of While Heaven Wept's "Of Empires Forlorn" that I burned and I don't even listen to cuz the speakers are that bad

Hey should I go to Asian Extravaganza night with Jmel and Steve? This goes against my "saving spree" resolution. Fuck...

what the fuck is Asian Extravaganza night with Jmel and Steve?:confused:

Pootersystem:

2nm4pv.jpg

Turntabley:

j5fec5.jpg

CUSTOM BUILT CHERRYWOOD TUBEY(and a cd player):

rri39k.jpg

(No, those last two arent hooked up the the pc system. They're wired to Venturi DV62SIs.)