Steve Wilson Confirms: I am producing The New Opeth Album

Mikeal Åkerfeldt during in interview with LotFP said:
The thing I hate most about bad reviews is when they give constructive criticism. That doesn't feel right to me. Who is he to tell me what to do? He's not in the band! What can he know? This is my band, nobody knows better than me. He's taking the piss to the extra level. That constructive criticism, I really really hate that. I actually prefer 'This band is fucking shit!', period.

Moonlapse said:
So on the documentary that guy recording harmony vocals over Master's Apprentices with Mikael isn't really Steve? Shites! Imposter!
What about the part where Steve says he's not that involved in the Deliverance album?

Estimate, I don´t give a fuck if you think i´m the weakest fan, for saying deliverance is the weakest album. But denying SW´s influence on Deliverance is utterly ridiculous. He does vocals, he does piano, and even guitar work. On top of that you can add all his computer technology i.e. making the telephone voices. My point is that it´s all good, I just feel that after Deliverance the band should try another producer. Opeth is all about experimenting that should count for the ppl they work with as well.

has it maybe come to mind to you guys that maybe the reason the deliverance album was missing alot of opeth's "magic" ahahha.. because they had to concentrate on 2 albums with the budget and time for just one? maybe.. maybe

1. Most metal fans are morons.

2. Too many Opeth fans are morons.

Did that guy a few posts above this actually say he wants the album to sound bad? ugh

Steve Wilson doesn't have nearly the affect on Opeth some of you OLD SKOOL TROO fans seem to think he does. Watch the documentary then shhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks k bye

Korlich said:
Estimate, I don´t give a fuck if you think i´m the weakest fan, for saying deliverance is the weakest album.
I love discussion about opinions. They are so super! I'm sorry for calling you a "weak" fan, ok? :) Kinda bothers me that people don't see the beaty in Deliverance thought.

I understand people's concern about the production working against Mikael's intents, but I doubt Steven would operate in such a way, there is a huge difference between an album sounding clear and one that is overproduced, I'm sure that Steven will work to preserve whatever atmosphere Mikael has in mind for the next album...

Moonlapse said:
'There's a certain degree of musicality and sophistication in Opeth which has NOTHING to do with metal at all...'. C'mon, just admit people, for once you wanted to tear that fucker's heart out in his big leather chair.

But...it's true? :err:

He then goes onto say 'not that being metal is a bad thing'.

Moonlapse said:
Isn't that totally contradicted by the fact that he seemingly wrote the start of 'A Fair Judgement'?
Not really, on the DVD Mike is showing him the very basic acoustic progression he has for the song, and SW just plays the exact same thing on the piano. The intro I think is a little boring and basic anyway.

Steingrim said:
Metallica went downhill with Bob Rock at the Helm
Opeth seems to do the same with Wilson....
Deliverance was boring and Blackwater park ok.
Believe it or not, Wilson wrote some parts for Blackwater Park.

I hope they set off a lot of time to write this album, not a rushed project like deliverance/damnation and keep Wilson out of the writing process!
You're an idiot. It's still Opeth's music... SW produced it and co-wrote some lyrics, but he's not to blame for your dislike of the album. He didn't write the entire thing.

Credits in the Still Life said:
Music and Lyrics by M. Åkerfeldt
Same thing for Damnation too, except the lyrics to Death Whispered a lullaby.

Boo-ya. Mike is in charge, you wankers. Mike, not English Bob (Wilson), but Mike. If you are going to vent your frustrations, at least do it correctly.

This is hillarious have you guys even read the cover booklet for D1 & D2 under "Also apearring...". This is where wilson is creditet, you can´t deny it. SW has been more than a producer for these albums, end of story.