Steve Wilson to produce next katatonia album!

SW is not overrated in the least bit. His songwriting skills are downright amazing from tripped out Floyd-like jams to mellow Radiohead esque songs. His skills as a producer are brilliant as well.

Well, I think I must agree with her. If even for a bit
²
I don't think that SW is overrated tho...

...but... call me a bitch ... what is this stupid XYZ should produce this and that all about?! Don't you usually just start such discussions when you're NOT satisfied with something? I also think that the "coldness" is one of the things that makes TGCD so perfect and that was probably also the intention ... so I don't get what a mighty Steve Wilson should add to that... making a "warm" production when the album is supposed to be cold? Odd.
And since you don't know what the next Kata album will sound like I think you cannot judge on this anyway. Wilson should keep on producing bands who think they're really in need of him. IMO Katatonia isn't.

just my 2 cent v.v

I didn't say the great COLD distance shouldn't have had that production, but the next one should be different.

I've been playing the promo of the new Riverside for about a month now, and from a production point of view, it reminds me of TGCD, which is a great thing of course. They're like sister albums in that respect.

Anyone agree?

some of you fail to realise that having Wilson producing the next Katatonia is more then just soundwise it will have enormous influence on them musically and I think it would be a killer.. and maybe he'll bring them to israel afterwards too ^^

False
The thread is so far

Fucker! lol. I nearly had a heart attack reading that. I could see it happening someday, as Wilson listed The Great Cold Distance in his top five favourite albums of 2006. Has Anders or Jonas stated any news about a new album? I guess we won't be seeing anything until maybe next summer,eh?

Exactly. Nothing more needs to be said!

And if you dont agree.....just listen to "nil recurring". I cant help myself. I pretty much have come to a complete stop and only listen to this cd for like 3 days ;)