Steve Wilson to produce next katatonia album!

I am so freakingly allergic to *insert random name* is god quotes. Especially when the random name is Steve Wilson or Mikael Akerfelt. They're humans like any of us and they usually like to be treated like humans too. Worshipping people is just plain gay

cerulean, you do realize no one really has Wilson's picture up on a wall with candles on the side to which he prays for everyday
it's just a figure of speech, much like "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse"
and don't tell me you have a friend called bob sacremento who eats horse all the time cause that's plain silly :)

cerulean, you do realize no one really has Wilson's picture up on a wall with candles on the side to which he prays for everyday
and don't tell me you have a friend called bob sacremento who eats horse all the time cause that's plain silly :)

:lol:

Hmm, did strange things to Opeth, but on the other hand, Katatonia is already somehow closer to Porcupine Tree than Opeth ever was before Wilson. How about Åkerfeldt and Nyström producing a Porcupine Tree album?

Hmm, did strange things to Opeth, but on the other hand, Katatonia is already somehow closer to Porcupine Tree than Opeth ever was before Wilson. How about Åkerfeldt and Nyström producing a Porcupine Tree album?

Deal. That sounds like an even trade. :zombie:

I know people who eat horses :err:

Katatonia will easily gain more fans this way. Second not here, but most found the great cold distance production to be "cold," which in the music world is not so highly regarded. It's Crystal clean, but a bit sterile. There is a reason why people like Last Fair Deal more it's because it has a warm sounding being recorded analog. Plus it can only help bouncing their ideas off to someone so well rounded.
I agree pretty much.

I am also of the opinion that a 'warmer' sound suits Katatonia better than the colder/sterile sound of the last 2 albums (particularly VE). Though I agree the production on TGCD is VERY good, I still prefer the analog warmth of the LFDGD sound. Just put "Dispossession" on your headphones LOUD and hear that beautiful brooding (analog) intro, the majestic opening to the main track and that mightily POUNDING snare drum, aaaahh, gotta love it. There you have Katatonia defined.

Anyway, Katatonia definitely doesn't need Wilson, but it would surely be very interesting to hear the outcome, it can only be positive in my opinion. And it's of course entirely up to Katatonia how far they would allow Wilson's influence to reach.

TGCD production is clearly too mechanical. Nothing sounds organic or "real" anymore. Producers like Nystrom and Andy Sneap make every band sound the same as the last one they did. Record the band as they are, and let them sound what they sound like.

Motherfucking hell.
Just... Mother... fucking... hell
Cerulean you do realize that everytime Wilson's name is mentioned you go off on a tangent on how much you hate him and PT right?
Fucking fine then...don't listen to him. Its getting old at this point...we all know you hate him. Congratulations.

TGCD production is clearly too mechanical. Nothing sounds organic or "real" anymore. Producers like Nystrom and Andy Sneap make every band sound the same as the last one they did. Record the band as they are, and let them sound what they sound like.
Nyström a producer..? Didn't know he produced any other albums than his own..

But I do agree with you concerning Sneap, his productions are way too clinical and synthetic/artificial.

basically if i want to hear sw's effect on katatonia i'd just ask jonas to sing to me over the phone. unless wilson has a radical style change i cant see his influence doing any good in the slightest. katatonias progression in sound and production it goes hand in hand and i personally wouldnt want wilson interrupting it with his very identifyable now cliche style, and probably plastering his irritating whiney voice all over the background.

just a few seconds for me, to say that , IMO, Wilson is NOT the right producer for a band like katatonia. However, I really can't see the point of this thread, all the productions so far were great, so why bother?