Steven Slate Drums 4.0

Thanks for the effort... but for the reference of the actual sound, processed clips won't do us much good, especially when we're all excited about those new unprocessed kits...

Well, I'm not doing unprocessed music :Smug:

Anyhow, it's very minimal processing I was doing to them. In the metal clip I only used transient designer (IIRC just attack +3) and a +3dB hi shelf boost, everything else is unprocessed. The jazz clip was completely unprocessed. In the rock clip there was a bit more processing (but I maybe could've chosen better samples so that I didn't need that much processing, but anyway...), but still not a major amount.

Cymbals: CLA76 compressor (the needle barely moves) + 1dB high shelf boost
Toms: Transient Designer + Clipper
Kick: Transient Designer + EQ (high and low shelf boost, low mid cut) + Clipper
Snare: Transient Designer + EQ (hpf, low mid cut, high shelf boost) + Clipper

And thats it. I'm using only the attack part on the Transient Designer and then Clipper just to prevent any overshoots that it causes. It's not doing anything on 90% of the hits. They are then going to Slate VCC, but that is more just for minor saturation.

Just wondering, I saw a photo of the new software by Slate and was wondering if Trigger will be discontinued or is this just like Trigger 2.0 or what. Here's the photo:

260410d1319855111t-steven-slate-drums-4-0-ssd4.2.jpg

260409d1319855111t-steven-slate-drums-4-0-ssd4.1.jpg

As the title of the thread says, this is Steven Slate Drums 4.0 (for drum programming) Trigger is for sample replacement, and will still be available.

Pretty sure his first release date was Autumn 2011.. before Xmas would fall in line with the usual Slate release pattern ;)