Steven Slate Drums 4.0

Anyone know what the relationship between 3.5, its associated expansion packs and 4.0 is ?
For example i own 3.5EX and the metal and more expansion pack, then i upgraded to 4.0 EX, is everything i alrady owned in 3.5 and the expansion already included in 4.0 or should i keep 3.5EX and M&M installed in my version of kontakt (are they totally different libraries or what am i doubling up on?)

Anyone know what the relationship between 3.5, its associated expansion packs and 4.0 is ?
For example i own 3.5EX and the metal and more expansion pack, then i upgraded to 4.0 EX, is everything i alrady owned in 3.5 and the expansion already included in 4.0 or should i keep 3.5EX and M&M installed in my version of kontakt (are they totally different libraries or what am i doubling up on?)
i suggest you to keep the current libs installed, perhaps you have the same samples in both, but you just cannot replace them 1:1, ssd4 has its own vst player, (not kontakt anymore), and has a different midi routing and output routing as SSD3.5.
if you want to open up old projects where you used ssd 3.5 you need to rework them to make them fit to work with ssd4.

i suggest you to keep the current libs installed, perhaps you have the same samples in both, but you just cannot replace them 1:1, ssd4 has its own vst player, (not kontakt anymore), and has a different midi routing and output routing as SSD3.5.
if you want to open up old projects where you used ssd 3.5 you need to rework them to make them fit to work with ssd4.

That's totally true, which I completely failed to consider, I was totally concerned with what i might be doubling up on and what was actually new in comparison to what I had already, I guess I will have to load up both versions and compare kits to see what's new and if metal n more is in there too.

4.0 has all the same drums as 3.5 (and more, of course) but NONE of the cymbals. I have the both full versions so I'm not sure what translates for EX but it's still all new cymbals.

ok thanks, in the greater scheme of things im wondering if there will be EX expansion packs the same as 3.5 or are any of the EX expansion kits included in EX4.0?

Fuck it.

Broke down and bought this since it's the last day for the crossgrade.

Just hope it's not going to be cheaper in a week's time :mad:

I'm having a bit of a ram issue with SSD4 on Reaper. When loading up a kit and later removing the plugin or deleting the track, the memory stays loaded into ram for some reason. So when I open a new instance of ssd4 it start stacking up the memory. WTF
It only clears up after I restart reaper. Not really a big deal but what's up with that. Anyone else having this problem?

Just a thought, but it'd be great if there was a torrent download for this like how Ubunutu distribute their software. Then, if anything, the download would speed up with every person downloading and as well, it could be paused and restarted easily. Can anyone manage this?

Also, if you don't recieve your email for your purchase remember to check your spam folder before you annoy the Slate crew >.>

Just a thought, but it'd be great if there was a torrent download for this like how Ubunutu distribute their software. Then, if anything, the download would speed up with every person downloading and as well, it could be paused and restarted easily. Can anyone manage this?

Also, if you don't recieve your email for your purchase remember to check your spam folder before you annoy the Slate crew >.>

Dont redistribute or host the software, even if you only mean to help people out, You will be in serious breach of your EULA and might get in legal trouble.

Funny, I came in here to suggest the same thing.

You're going to see a few updates coming soon. Here's a short list:

1. SSD4 is a RAM hog. The reason is that we have a lot of multisamples
and algorithms that make them "play" like a real drummer. With 64bit
machines,
this is less of an issue, but if you have a 32bit machine without much RAM,

you have probably experienced crashing. We're gonna remedy this by having
a
"DETAIL" section, which will allow you to choose various levels of how much
of
the kit multisamples are loaded. Even on 50%, we have found SSD4 to
respond
with amazing realism on a general rock session. You'll be able to offline
bounce
with full detail.

2. NEW MIDI GROOVES. Jerry just did another 5 full songs, and we'll make
sure to include them in a brand new installer. We're gonna keep filling up
the GROOVES each month.

3. NEW MIDI MAPS. We're gonna have input maps for all the major libraries
such
as Superior, AD, BFD2, Yamaha DTX, and more. And even more importantly,
unlike what you
experience, now, IMPORTED MAPS WILL NOT CHANGE WHEN YOU LOAD A NEW PRESET
KIT.

4. MIXER OUTPUT SAVING. So right now, when you route a kit to your DAW,
then
choose a new preset, you have to re-route in the MIXER page. That sucks.
We're gonna fix that so you can save the output routing and therefore
audition
multiple kits via the same DAW routing.

Steve, thank you so much for this. I knew you wouldn't let us down. especially point 1. and 3. were huge issues to me. :worship:

And why is this wondering you? As Slate said, 64bit systems don't have crash issues!

Well fwiw, I'm using a 64bit system and the 64bit plug, and I do have crashes with that latest version. Only when I'm switching instruments though, so I'm not too bothered by it for now. I just save my session before I start to fiddle around a lot.