still life 5.1 release date: 31st march 2008...

Well, I d/led it this morning from iTunes, and Moonlapse sounds quite nice, I must say. It may just be me, but it does sound a little less thin... Additionally, they've fixed it so that the panning isn't all wonky on The Moor. Overall I think it's worth your time to give it a listen, especially if our a fan of the original.

I'm VERY pleased with the new front cover. I may get crucified for saying this, but I always thought that the original art was not nearly what it should have been.

Anyone wanna post scans from the hard copy? I'd be very interested to see what they did with the booklet.

Peace

Rorix

So is today the release date for Europe or the world? I just checked best buy and circuit city and its saying not till mid next month..

Europe AFAIK. I think US is in April. I believe it mentions the date on Amazon.

Edit: April 15.

Got mine in the mail today from Peaceville/Snapper as a bonus with the Roundhouse CDs they finally sent me. It's not a digipack, rather like a small book with hard covers. Very nice. Red tones artwork to match the cover, photos of the band from that period, both studio shots and three group shots. And, a written introduction by Mikael, he even mentions the cough :) Too bad I don't have a 5.1 system (and since I lost my job today I probably won't buy one for a while either).

It's not a digipack, rather like a small book with hard covers.

So is it a digibook? Nice. That's my favourite format for a cd release, but few albums are actually released like that.

I'm dying to hear the 5.1 mix. To be honest, I wasn't impressed by Jens Bogren's sorround mix on "Ghost Reveries". However, he did a better job (by far!) with the 5.1 mix of Katatonia's "The Great Cold Distance", which was released later, so I have high hopes for this one. We'll see.

I will buy the physical copy when it comes to stores in the US, but where can I buy and download the album for now? (other than Itunes) I'm dying to hear it..

I will buy the physical copy when it comes to stores in the US, but where can I buy and download the album for now? (other than Itunes) I'm dying to hear it..

check my post.

Yea, I have it, bought it from amazon.com

I just downloaded it though, no jewel case.

http://www.amazon.com/Still-Life-Op...bs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1206978196&sr=8-3

$8.99 for the whole album.

you have to dl the amazon downloader app, but I've found it to be bloatware free. no hassles.

So is it a digibook? Nice. That's my favourite format for a cd release, but few albums are actually released like that.

I'm dying to hear the 5.1 mix. To be honest, I wasn't impressed by Jens Bogren's sorround mix on "Ghost Reveries". However, he did a better job (by far!) with the 5.1 mix of Katatonia's "The Great Cold Distance", which was released later, so I have high hopes for this one. We'll see.

I've been thinking of ordering The Great Cold Distance in 5.1, but have been apprehensive to because, as you said, the GR mix isnt too impressive.

I love TGCD soo much that I think I will have to order it in 5.1:kickass:

I've been thinking of ordering The Great Cold Distance in 5.1, but have been apprehensive to because, as you said, the GR mix isnt too impressive.

I love TGCD soo much that I think I will have to order it in 5.1:kickass:

I think you won't be dissapointed with the surround mix of TGCD. There are so many details such as vocal harmonies and keyboard effects that couldn't be properly heard on the stereo version. Only that it's basically 4.1 (not too much happening on the centre channel), but otherwise it sounds fine, and so much better than the surround edition of Ghost Reveries.

Still I can't understand if the not 5.1 version is a remix or a remaster, or the both things..

Nobody has mentioned anything about the Face of Melinda live video yet. Is it the one from Roundhouse Tapes?

I just preordered mine (amazon says it's released on April 4th here)...