still life 5.1 release date: 31st march 2008...

It's not a stupid question. I've said it before but in Porcupine Tree´s Stupid Dream 5.1 version there is an option to play DVD in stereo. Is this one the same thing or not?

It's not a stupid question. I've said it before but in Porcupine Tree´s Stupid Dream 5.1 version there is an option to play DVD in stereo. Is this one the same thing or not?
Yes, stereo, dolby digital surround or DTS

_44279618_fastshowbrilliant270.jpg

It's not a stupid question. I've said it before but in Porcupine Tree´s Stupid Dream 5.1 version there is an option to play DVD in stereo.

5.1 is mixed with 6 different channels (1 centre, 2 front, 2 rear, 1 for low-frequency effects)

the question was: do u get the same experience with just two speakers.. well of course you dont, playing the 5.1 version on 2 speakers sounds shit, thats why they have the extra Stereo option.

Picked up my copy in town for a steal at €12. The 5.1 is awesome. You can hear lots of new things you wouldn't have noticed before on the original cd. As for just the audio cd, i'm not as impressed. I have yet to give it a proper listen but i haven't noticed too much of a difference from the original, but remember this is all on my initial listen of it. Me and my mates decided to dive in at the 5.1 end first!! :lol::headbang:

I just only wished that instead of a regular DVD with audio 5.1, this was released in shape of SACD with of course a 5.1 track and 2.0 track. Like the re-released of the Depeche Mode cds...

By the way, great prices here
Mine only cost about ~€9

^ thats a really cool site dude thanks. im thinking about ordering from 194u.com
it only costs 7£ (delivered). but have u ordered from them before? it happends sometimes that you order from these sites that are selling cds really cheap, but you dont get your cd before 3 months or so

Just listened to the 5.1 mix, and it blew my mind. If someone would have said to me that Opeth re-recorded the whole album I would've believed it. It really sounds that different. I'll spend many, many hours listening to this. Congrats to Jens Bogren, this is a million times better than the surround mix for Ghost Reveries, right up there with Porcupine Tree's In Absentia when it comes to 5.1-awesomeness ... The packaging is great too, my only complaint would be that the live video of Face of Melinda is only in 2.0, but I'll forget about that as soon as the Roundhouse Tapes DVD is released ... = )

Thanks Mike and Opeth for releasing this, now go give My arms, your hearse the same treatment! = )

Thanks Mike and Opeth for releasing this, now go give My arms, your hearse the same treatment! = )

holy shit balls, if they re-did My Arms, Your Hearse that would be incredible. The bass is inaudible on that album and the drums sound fairly shitty as well. I'd love to hear Mendez just re-record the bass and do whatever they did for Still Life to the mix.

^ thats a really cool site dude thanks. im thinking about ordering from 194u.com
it only costs 7£ (delivered). but have u ordered from them before? it happends sometimes that you order from these sites that are selling cds really cheap, but you dont get your cd before 3 months or so
I also bought from 194u.com, but I only did it today and for the first time on this store. I hope that everything goes alright. If not I can call my opeth friends from this forum to knock them out!! :headbang:

got mine today ... !!
insane and brutal quality @ 5.1 :)

just far beyond stero..
every album should have a 5.1 mix
its a completely new sound experience

btw. GR 5.1 is also very good

Thanks for the screenshots Lord Byron! That's some of the most stunning artwork I've ever seen coming from Travis Smith. Hope my copy arrives tomorrow so I can experience the surround mix, I'm so anxious!

went to JB Hi-Fi yesterday (Australia's major CD/DVD shop in case you didn't know) and was randomly looking through the metal section and there it was! Was shocked actually, I haven't been on this site for about 2 months so had no idea it would be out so soon!

Great price ($23.00),beautiful artwork and it sounds AWESOME.

Good work