stoner rock

pistol_pete

Feb 19, 2003
IRELAND
Visit site
:wave:lately i've been gettin into kyuss, cathedral, slo-burn, qotsa (those Desert Sessions), electic wizard, sleep, indesinence etc.... and i'm liking it all a loto_O

To anyone else into this stuff, what other bands are out there that i'd like? cheers.

kyuss and cathedral are among me fave bands ever. electric wizard are totaly kult, i love their sound, its the heaviest stuff in music.

orange goblin, nebula, electric wizard, abdullah(funny name for a band), spritiual beggars, alabama thunder pussy(not exactly stoner more like southern rock) and of course monster magnet. Thats all i know and like of stoner rock

check or listen again to : Kyuss, Spiritual Beggars, Grand Magus, Saint Vitus, Spirit Caravan, Sleep, Abdullah and all those names mentionned above :Spin:
For different kinds of stoner, try : Ojo Rojo, Walrus, Warhorse, Eyehategod, Electric Wizard... Stoner is just another label used for totally different kinds of music anyway...

pistol_pete said:
ive only heard "let us prey"..heard that dopethrone was V.good though.
let us prey is the weakest one if you ask me. dopetrone is good but come my fanatics is THE album like. great songs and a much heavier sound. the supercoven ep is great too, the title track is me fave wizard song. they have a whole new line-up now, as a four-piece...

check out those that are off the eponymous album : Gardenia, Asteroid, Demon Cleaner, Odyssey ... Check out this whole album and also the one entitled 'Blues for the Red Sun'

Morpheus said:
Ah, btw can anyone recommend me some songs of Kyuss, i always wanted to check them out.
you MUST buy sky valley. its an amazing album. absolutely brilliant.