Story behind Soul Temptation?

Inf

New Metal Member
Apr 15, 2004
Keerbergen, Belgium
I've read this about Soul Temptation on http://www.intromental.com:
"It is the last part of the trilogy and reflects the story and its meaning best. It is a fictive story that plays in the orient and describes someone that gets tempted by a goddess but her aim is only to steel his soul to re-awake her father, who plays the dark part of that story. As he escaped in the last moment, he realized that only his body is free again, but his soul is still tempted."

I was wondering if this story really exists (as in, somewhere written down, or told), and if I could find it somewhere.

tnx :)

sry if this question is asked before, I did a search, but found nothing :erk:

Well....in that quote it already says that "it is a fictive (supposed to be fictitious) story". Unless Todde (or whoever did the interview - I can't tell) didn't lie ;) the story is only made up.

welcome the board btw! :)

Den Text oder die Aussage von "Trinity Of Lust" muss man aber nicht unbedingt sofort kapieren, oder?

Stimmt, dies ist nicht einfach zu verstehen und auch sehr lange zu erklären. Ich probier es trotzdem mal einigermaßen verständlich rüberzubringen. Ganz grob umrissen ist dies ein Typ der aufgrund seiner Meinungsäußerung in einer fiktiven Story vor knapp 150 Jahren in einen Kerker geschmissen wird. Er hört dann immer den Gesang der Frauen und kann irgendwann mal aus diesen Kerker flüchten und kommt auch in diesen Raum, in dem er immer die Stimmen gehört hat und findet hinter Tüchern und Vorhängen diese Frau die auch auf dem Cover abgebildet ist. Sie nähert sich ihm und er ist schon so durch den Nebel bedämmert, dass er gar nicht weiß was sie mit ihm vor hat. Er weiß nicht ob sie ihn lieben oder töten will. Deshalb auch das zweideutige auf dem Cover. Einmal die zwei erschlagenden Argumente, aber auch das Messer in der Hand. Sie will ihn aber für ihren Vater Girja opfern. Dies ist ein ehemaliger Herrscher über den Landesteil in Asien. Den möchte sie wieder erwecken, da er damals verdammt wurde. Der Kerl kann aber flüchten und wird bei der Flucht durch das Blitzen ihres Dolchs abgelenkt, erwacht dadurch und meint er ist den Ganzen entkommen. In seinen Träumen erkennt er aber das es gar nicht darum ging, seinen Körper oder sein Blut zu opfern, sondern es nur um seine Seele ging. Nachdem er ihren Reizen erlegen ist, hat er seine Seele schon geopfert und dadurch ist Girja wieder zum Leben erweckt worden und herrscht wieder.

I was wondering if anyone could attemp to translate this for me,...
it seems like he is saying whats in the story, so I'd really like to know what it says, but my german is so bad :(
I know I ask alot, but, I'd be really really grateful

Mate if I knew German I would help you out in a hot second...but sorrowfully I am only restricted to English and Spanish...hopefully you'll get your translation soon...I want to read what it says as well :)

Inf said:
I was wondering if anyone could attemp to translate this for me,...
it seems like he is saying whats in the story, so I'd really like to know what it says, but my german is so bad :(
I know I ask alot, but, I'd be really really grateful

Oke here we go...somewhat free translation of the text..hope it helps...

Stimmt, dies ist nicht einfach zu verstehen und auch sehr lange zu erklären. Ich probier es trotzdem mal einigermaßen verständlich rüberzubringen. Ganz grob umrissen ist dies ein Typ der aufgrund seiner Meinungsäußerung in einer fiktiven Story vor knapp 150 Jahren in einen Kerker geschmissen wird. Er hört dann immer den Gesang der Frauen und kann irgendwann mal aus diesen Kerker flüchten und kommt auch in diesen Raum, in dem er immer die Stimmen gehört hat und findet hinter Tüchern und Vorhängen diese Frau die auch auf dem Cover abgebildet ist.
In english is this the following: First the storyteller states that it is a hard story to tell in short. But he will try. He says its a story about a man who has been captured about 150 years ago in a dungeon for speaking his mind (freedom of speach). In this dungeon he hears singing of female voices. One moment he manages to escape the dungeon and he reaches a higher level of the building. He finds the source of the voices behind some drapings and some curtains in this room. It is the woman on the CD cover.
Sie nähert sich ihm und er ist schon so durch den Nebel bedämmert, dass er gar nicht weiß was sie mit ihm vor hat. Er weiß nicht ob sie ihn lieben oder töten will. Deshalb auch das zweideutige auf dem Cover. Einmal die zwei erschlagenden Argumente, aber auch das Messer in der Hand. Sie will ihn aber für ihren Vater Girja opfern. Dies ist ein ehemaliger Herrscher über den Landesteil in Asien. Den möchte sie wieder erwecken, da er damals verdammt wurde.
The woman advances on him. Because the guy is drugged by the fog in the room, he doesn’t know what she wants from him. He doesn’t know if she wants to see him live or wants him dead. Like the double meaning on the CD Cover. Especially the hand with the knife and the other hand motioning him to her. The woman wants to offer him for her Farther Girja, who is dead. Her father was a great ruler of this country in Asia. When she resurrects him again she releases her father from the curse which damned him.
Der Kerl kann aber flüchten und wird bei der Flucht durch das Blitzen ihres Dolchs abgelenkt, erwacht dadurch und meint er ist den Ganzen entkommen. In seinen Träumen erkennt er aber das es gar nicht darum ging, seinen Körper oder sein Blut zu opfern, sondern es nur um seine Seele ging. Nachdem er ihren Reizen erlegen ist, hat er seine Seele schon geopfert und dadurch ist Girja wieder zum Leben erweckt worden und herrscht wieder.
The guy tries to flee, but during his flight he gets hit by the Dagger in the hand of the Woman. When he awakes again he thinks he has escaped. In his clouded dreams after his fall. He saw a vision that was the reason he was there, it wasn’t about his blood or his body, but it had to do with his Soul. After this the traveler knows he paid his debt with death, his Soul has been offered. The father of the woman, the ruler named Girja is alive again and rules the country.

CyR Thou ROCKETH MIGHTILY! :headbang: Thanks so much for translating that for us poor doomed souls that know not a zilch of German! :)
Very cool story indeed, I enjoyed reading it very much! :D

Inf said:
tnx :D
I should really pick up those german studies ;)

lol...I could have posted it in dutch but then the others on the forum couldnt read it..anyway for me German is a must!! as I am Dutch and going to Wacken every year... :headbang:

CyR1c said:
lol...I could have posted it in dutch but then the others on the forum couldnt read it..anyway for me German is a must!! as I am Dutch and going to Wacken every year... :headbang:

lol :)
well, english=> dutch is no problem :)
but we only get one hour of german every week, so its hard to pick something up ;)

CyR1c said:
erm... well me, your humble webmaster, could read it too ;)

and Wacken...... HELL YEAH! :hotjump: (and Bang Your Head :D )