strange news

omnio666

New Metal Member
May 3, 2003
Visit site
taken from:
http://www.rockpages.gr/news.htm

PETER LINDGREN LEFT OPETH

After 16 years, Peter Lindgren has left Opeth, and he is currently working on his first solo album, which is expected in 2008. The Swedes replaced him with former Arch Enemy/ Talisman, Fredik Akesson.

it would be great if it is true but personally I think it is bullshit.:erk:

maybe mike and the guys can help on his solo record. Since they are good friends. And it will pretty much be Opeth with out the name. great idea.

maybe mike and the guys can help on his solo record. Since they are good friends. And it will pretty much be Opeth with out the name. great idea.

opeth without the name? what makes u think this so-called solo project will sound anything like opeth?

i doubt it would have mikeal in it or be very opeth like at all, i would think if this is true its because he left because of that "lost spark" in opeth, and he is trying to bring it back in his own works

Unless I hear it from official sources, i.e. Peter himself, I call bullshit on this one.

If it's true though, I don't think it'll sound like Opeth at all. I'm guessing it could be a pretty acoustic-based record with the occasional electric leads and clean (if any at all) vocals.

where did you hear hes working as an IT consultant now. iv read that hes well educated and could make alot of money not in opeth (atleast mike said so!)