studio drawing

Yeah, it's kinda hard to find, but try searching for other brands by googling mineral wool.

I wound up special ordering Certainteed SAFB from the local lumberyard, since they were Certainteed dealers anyways.

Thermafiber, it may have been called also.

Mineral Wool is great. The Roxul brand is pretty good stuff. But the really amazing stuff is rigid fiberglass. It's much harder to find, but it can be found if you ask around at some building supply compainies (Home Depot will NOT know what you're asking for).

I built some extra traps last year with the rigid stuff & it's great.

-0z-

OzNimbus said:
Mineral Wool is great. The Roxul brand is pretty good stuff. But the really amazing stuff is rigid fiberglass. It's much harder to find, but it can be found if you ask around at some building supply compainies (Home Depot will NOT know what you're asking for).

I built some extra traps last year with the rigid stuff & it's great.

-0z-

One big plus for Roxul is that it's inert, and won't get into your lungs - not sure about rigid fiberglass. Acoustically both are probably about the same and to my mind differ about as much as red brick and cement brick. Proper positining of your traps, their dimentions and depth will be the big factor determining their effectiveness.
If you can't find either material, study the specs and try to find something in your area with similar characteristics - the brand name is not really important.
-b

Mineral wool is awful stuff.

I want to strip my enemies naked, force march them across a great desert under the full midday sun, then force them at bayonet point to jump from the highest diving platform into a pool filled with shredded mineral wool.

:saint:

New design looks cool. But, hehehehe.... as funny as this may sound "it's true!"

You are going to regret putting the toilet/john/sandbox where you have it! TRUST ME!!:loco: :erk: I've worked in a few studios where the restrooms weren't even connected to the game/ t.v/ relaxin' room! Unless you get a very STRONG & quiet exhaust fan in there.... you're doomed.:zombie:
I see a lot of....."mannnnn, we gotta step outside for a break dude", coming!:lol:

Good luck
GORILLA

Consider dividing the control room from the bar and the can, seriously.
As a musician, I remember myself HAVING to go outside to rest, even if it was freezing cold out there, just to not hear anything music-related. ( that was when we mixed the demo in a small project studio)
When we recorded the album, they had a different setup, the bathroom was outside the control room, near the entrance ( it's a good thing to not having to hear anyone but the mix and the mixed project without caring about ppl messing around there), and the restroom was above, with a bed and kitchen!

Consider the bad effect satellite ppl can have on you while doing some critical mix ;)

Well.....I like having a Bar and Pisser altogether. So if I'm in my own little world mixing and stuff, everything is right close by.

Plus, this is an addition to my house. I have another Bathroom and a living room for shit like TV, video games, drinks, and whatever.

I just want a secondary bathroom and a mini-bar in my studio area.....know what I mean??:headbang:

Here is an updated drawing, showing which door leads to the rest of the house. but SHOULD I wanna swap the control room and the live room, so I could maybe leave to go to the other part of the house without disturbing a tracking session???:erk:
StudioDrawing5.gif

ApolloSpeed said:
Well.....I like having a Bar and Pisser altogether. So if I'm in my own little world mixing and stuff, everything is right close by.

Plus, this is an addition to my house. I have another Bathroom and a living room for shit like TV, video games, drinks, and whatever.

I just want a secondary bathroom and a mini-bar in my studio area.....know what I mean??:headbang:

Here is an updated drawing, showing which door leads to the rest of the house. but SHOULD I wanna swap the control room and the live room, so I could maybe leave to go to the other part of the house without disturbing a tracking session???:erk:
StudioDrawing5.gif

i reckon tha\t'd be pretty damn cool.
and then you could bring the wall between the two in a bit to maximize space in the live room

My main concern with this setup is you're going to get some serious reflection problems from the sidewalls. They're completely perpendicular to the monitors.