Studios facts (for bands)

I'd love a video to see how you manage to change strings on your Floyd and have the tuning settle quick enough to record another video with it on the same day :lol:

Correct amount of strings/ good set up and stretching strings before using them. Makes the guitar playable within 5 minutes :D

"Stretching strings before using them"- as in before installing on the guitar, or stretching as soon as they're in place?

Yep, sounds like a n00b question, but I'm just making sure I'm not missing something, which I think I am since my gutiars usually have to sit at least a few hours before they stabilize after a string change.

"Stretching strings before using them"- as in before installing on the guitar, or stretching as soon as they're in place?

Yep, sounds like a n00b question, but I'm just making sure I'm not missing something, which I think I am since my gutiars usually have to sit at least a few hours before they stabilize after a string change.

I stretch them after putting them on :) All good, no such thing as a dumb question. I get pretty rough with them :p But usually it takes about 3 good stretches + tune for each string. Then they're pretty good to go. Furthermore though... I never let a guitarist use a Floyd for RHYTHMS :p Only leads. Unless the trem is blocked, then nah haha.

I've found that being really rough while stretching + blocking the trem from sinking when taking strings off is the best way to get it set up and playable fast.

Even still, I'll stretch and beat the shit out of my strings and let the guitar sit for an hour or so before doing the final tune/lock nut/head off to the show.

Hey Melb these are really good videos! Maybe you could do something on the use of Melodyne on vocals (and some guitar di)

Hey Melb these are really good videos! Maybe you could do something on the use of Melodyne on vocals (and some guitar di)

I think that might go well under the 'Editing' video. That way it's all under one thing. It shouldn't explain too much of HOW it's done. But more of a WHY it's done :)