Interesting band facts

Dies Irae from Poland consists of Mauser, Doc and Novy from Vader and Jacek Hiro Decapitated's touring guitarist.

Mikael akerfeldt from Opeth likes some country, I believe he's made some country recordings with that old acoustic of his.

Chris amott recently left Arch enemy to finish studies in sweden, and for touring purposes is replaced by shred god Gus. G.

"Arch Angel"' the bonus track to the US version of Atrocity's 1992 album, Todessehnsucht was written by Chuck Schuldiner. Yes, the band was great dm back then.

Mick Harris from Napalm Death invented and coined the term "blast beat."

Massacre's "from beyond" line up consisted entirely of ex-Death members. 3/4s of Leprosy and Kam Lee, a respected vocalist from the old Mantas days.

The bonus track, "Return of the Vampire" from Mercyful Fate's "In the shadows" has guest drums from drum GOD, lars ulrich.

the fast riff in Exodus' "Impaler" was written by Kirk Hammett in 1982. It's the same as the verse riff in Trapped Under Ice.

The bass playing on Atheist's Unquestionable presence wasn't roger patterson. It was tony choy of Cynic. The death of Athiest's original bass player was the cause of a touring van accident...nearly the exact same thing that happened to metallica 5 years earlier, except it was a bus.

Bill Clinton was seen at some Suffocation and Nocturnus shows back in 1991.

NineFeetUnderground said:
his name is "Per Wiberg".....im gonna go with swedish on that one. ;)

haha i know what his name is dude, but he should legally change it to Pear

chris: thanks for being one of the few to actually contribute to this thread, some very interesting stuff in there!

niel: hmm, i dunno if i'm an idiot for believing the swano thing, or if it's just true, and really bizarre.

mylovedenied said:
From my small amount of research, the Swano thing is mostly true. Look on the nightingale site - there's 2 pics of Dan playing, and it sure as hell looks like he's playing an upside-down righty guitar...without the strings reversed!

http://nightingale.ultimatemetal.com/img/photos/dan_rep.jpg
http://nightingale.ultimatemetal.com/img/photos/dan_on stage.jpg

shit!!! thats sweet!!! this may sound crazy, but is his stuff good? i have never heard it. *rotten meat shield*

Vice. Crimson (bye Edge of Sanity). Listen. Now. That should answer your question on whether his stuff is good or not. And that's amazing that he plays like that. Kind of annoys me though. If more lefties would play REAL left handed guitars then they would make more of them. It pisses me off that if I want to buy a guitar, I have to pick from such a small selection.