Styles of Heavy metal

Melodeath said:
why do you say that guide is biased?

I think a simpler, more to the point description of a genre (like SotL) is better than verbose descriptions, which sometimes don't even make sense and aren't correct (the type ANUS has).

I take it back. After multiple scannings, it's actually pretty unbiased. However, the black metal section needs work, but I'll give him a break since he doesn't like much BM.

The guy who wrote that FAQ is an inane douchebag in my experience. The FAQ itself does little but cement this.

I see nothing wrong or egotistical about notifying potentially interested metal forums about updates on one's own well-established site...

What experience is that? Many people could learn basic establishments of the metal genres (if they are newbies) by SotL's guide. No worth, to us, is found in it because we already know the differences between the genres. What I was saying is that most of ANUS' works are difficult to get a person's head around, especially if they're a newbie to metal.

I have borrowed some things from anus.com (articles about vocal styles, percussion, etc -- edited and adopted). For the most part, I find the site unbelievably shallow. They know how to use meta tags (settings to get search engines to find you), and that's about it. Type in anything to search google, and anus will come up. Then you find that they display one or two lines on the subject. Band links... take a look how many they have. It's not impressive, to say the least.

Hexenzahn said:
I have borrowed some things from anus.com (articles about vocal styles, percussion, etc -- edited and adopted). For the most part, I find the site unbelievably shallow. They know how to use meta tags (settings to get search engines to find you), and that's about it. Type in anything to search google, and anus will come up. Then you find that they display one or two lines on the subject. Band links... take a look how many they have. It's not impressive, to say the least.

I have no idea where your random rant came from, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Prozak really needs to brush up on his music theory. I often see him misuse terms or just make blatantly incorrect statements. I think his excessive verbal masturbation is a convenient way to mask a lack of real understanding and knowledge.

Edit: I'm infinitely better than Prozak.