Suffocation vs. Morbid Angel

Who's better, Suffocation or Morbid Angel?

• Suffocation

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Morbid Angel

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
Suffocation......they have more copycats bands than any other death metal band......they pushed death metal to new hights with their brutality, technicality, and still had awesome songwriting.....Morbid Angel were really good but lately have been lacking

This is relatively difficult, but I'm going for Suffocation. Pierced From Within is more powerful than anything Morbid Angel released.

Two amazing bands here. Morbid Angel, they are by far my favorite DM band, although Suffo ain't far behind. MA just seem to have a bit more creativity and variety to me. Plus the guitar playing is so badass..... but then again Suffo is certainly no slouch either in that department (not by a longshot, heh)

Meh. Blessed... is probably better then Effigy... which is better than Altars...

The only album by either band that I really enjoy is Pierced From Within.

Morbid Angel evokes more emotional impact than Suffocation ever has for me. And really, there is no guitarist quite like Azagthoth.

Suffocation. I like their sound a bit better, they are better musicians, and they more consistantly released good CDs. Morbid Angel's early stuff was great, but the last three have really been lacking. I like all Suffocation CDs a lot, Despise the Sun being the weakest.

i really dont like morbid angel. so i choose suffocation.

i also find it hilarious that that one guy called suffocation a bunch of overrated pussies. where the fuck does someone come up with this shit?

MA. more diverse, high technical level, without abandoning the roots, excellent songwriting, surperb guitars, over the top drumming and evil as hell vocals, only made one halfbad album, namely "Gateways", the rest are or will become classics.

Dig Suffocation too, though are delivering a totally different type of death metal, hard to compare 2 legends in a few words!