Suffocation vs. Morbid Angel

Who's better, Suffocation or Morbid Angel?

• Suffocation

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Morbid Angel

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
Thor Kjaer-Olsen said:
Straight blast beats get overwhelming, I don't know what you are talking about. I love that sound, if it's done right. Which in my opinion was perfected on King of all Kings.
Yea totally. I love it when every song on a CD sounds the same and has the exact same tempo of about 10,000 beats per minute. Song variation is SO overrated.

:err:

I have always preferred Morbid Angel. As far as death metal goes they are my second favorite, right behind Immolation. This is not to say that Suffocation is sub-par by any means. They have never put out a bad album, although Breeding The Spawn does suffer a bit from a less than perfect production. I have thoroughly enjoyed both band's long spanning career's. I just happen to favor MA's lyrical themes and believe they are a bit more musically diverse.

Suffocation by along shot, I enjoy Morbid Angel but I do not even think they would make it in my top 20 extreme artists list.

Neither of these bands would make it into my top 20 DM bands, never mind my top 20 extreme bands. Pierced From Within might scrape into my top 20 DM releases, but I'm not sure.

Yeah it definetly grew on my Pierced was my favorite until I gave Effigy some good listens....because of the production the guitars are hard to make out at times, which is why you have to listen hard

Morbid Angel. They are one of the first bands that got me into Death Metal. Trey Azagthoth is a guitar god. This doesn't mean Suffocation isn't any good. But I choose Morbid Angel because I like the vary in tempo.

Hate Eternal is awesome...the drums just really sound overbearing at times because of the constant blast beating. Almost to the point where the guitars can't be heard except during solos...If they got Derek Roddy to do some varying tempos and more drum rolls it'd be better.

Although I own more ma albums than suphokashun, i have to go with suffocation because i can listen to one of their songs and still be surprised by the 'where the fuck did that come from' nature of the time changes, also i feel that dave vincent's vocal talents have steadily been falling since blessed came out. Im not a fan of his 'shouty chant' thing which he started on covenant, it just sounds dumb to me, more so when ma's lyrics dont exactly stretch the vocabulary (dave vincent will ALWAYS own tucker however, who sounds like a dying asthmatic cookie monster)

oh, and pierced from within is the heaviest album ever, so by default suffocation crush anything

Funeral Portrait said:
Yea totally. I love it when every song on a CD sounds the same and has the exact same tempo of about 10,000 beats per minute. Song variation is SO overrated.
So what you are saying is if a song has the same (or close to it) tempo, and they use blast beats they sound the same? Most bands also have a guitarist, bassist and vocals, but I guess you just forgot about them? I admit that King of All Kings if you aren't into that kind of thing could get boring, but I personally really like.