Sunshine

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
I know it's already been discussed a bunch, but I just got to see it, and decided it needs its own thread. Thought it was one of the most powerful movies i've seen. Definitely best sci-fi since the good ol' days.

:worship:

I saw it last weekend. it was GOOD, though a little disjointed. It turns from 2001 with the feel of the original Alien straight into a Slasher movie.
I didn't dig the slasher portion myself, rest of the film was great.

I didn't find it disjointed at all. The horror element only added to the insanity that was building THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE MOVIE. The scenes weren't shot, and edited "slasher" style either. I thought it was very tastefully done. Giving you just enough imagery, and letting you fill in the rest. There are a lot of elements that were needed to give verity to such a claustrophobic otherwise bland space station setting. You got to see the power of the sun, the power of personal will, the intense insanity that grows in such a harsh environment. All this was pretty seamlessly done for such an abundance of diverse themes to make it such a compelling story.