Super Heavy Deathcore! 5150+ENGL (LOOK!)

Well, here you guys go. Tempo for the song is 120bpm all the way through.. Put all of the DI's and vocals and such at the very beginning on the project. all of the midi drums start on the third bar! *ON THE MAIN GTR TRACK, BE SURE TO SPLIT IT WHEN IMPORTING* I including both left and right DIs together in that file, just split it and put each on its own track. leave both panned center because they will already be panned left and right after splitting and putting on its own track. Quad tracks were included, however i did not end up using them in the actual mix i posted. So that much is up to you. Any other questions just ask!

Heres the main Stem Folder:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17011637/CA Stems 1.rar

Here's the midi Drums: (each midi drum/cymbal was exported to its own file)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17011637/CA Stems All Drums.rar

Looking forward to hearing some of your mixes!

Out of curiosity, why did you put a .RAR inside of a .RAR? Lol.
It says it's corrupted when I try and open it. Maybe just dump everything into a single zip?

Hm. Everything sounds good but could you export the drums as a whole midi versus individual sections? My SD 2.0 aint recognizing that there different.

hmmm thats weird. Ill try to do it within the next few days, just started a new band unfortunately. Not too familiar with SD but if you have any more questions ill be glad to answer them to the best of my knowledge!

My mix that i did forever ago whenever i was doing the bass and guitar reamps lol

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/Cognitive Atophy Mix 3 5150 (FSP's).mp3 :p

probably sucks i just throw it together to do the reamps real quick in a couple hours ago.

left out those sm57 vocals tracks tho i could not make anything happen with them :p
was not point anyways since all i was mixing was to see how the reamp's were in the overall mix.

Drums are really standard shit and i did not even bother humanizing.

You could easily do that yourself, putting every part in the correct note of your SD midi map, it's super easy.

Funny thing is, I realized this not even a couple minutes after I posted that. haha. :D 'Tis all good, now.

You could easily do that yourself, putting every part in the correct note of your SD midi map, it's super easy.

Funny thing is, I realized this not even a couple minutes after I posted that. haha. :D 'Tis all good, now.

Is there a missing part(s)?

That quick break before the breakdown, there's not a growl like in your mix. I'm assuming that guitar during the break is also just plugin fx as well.
During the breakdown, there's that eerie guitar in your mix that's missing in the tracks. What's up with that? lol

Is there a missing part(s)?

That quick break before the breakdown, there's not a growl like in your mix. I'm assuming that guitar during the break is also just plugin fx as well.
During the breakdown, there's that eerie guitar in your mix that's missing in the tracks. What's up with that? lol

shiiiit. its possible, i mixed all the guitars and shit down a while ago, and was just waiting to do drums for so long. Ill check and reupload whatever is missing asap!

shiiiit. its possible, i mixed all the guitars and shit down a while ago, and was just waiting to do drums for so long. Ill check and reupload whatever is missing asap!

Thank you so much! Yeah please do so when you can. Greatly appreciate your time and effort!

Here is my Mix:

Had lots of fun with this one, cheers for sharing! Had no time for fancy fx stuff (yet).

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty interesting mixes so far!

Question for you: during the quick break probably 20 seconds into the song or so (not exactly sure, close; off the top of my head) what effect did you do with the guitars to make 'em do that delay thing to crash right into the breakdown section?

Question for you: during the quick break probably 20 seconds into the song or so (not exactly sure, close; off the top of my head) what effect did you do with the guitars to make 'em do that delay thing to crash right into the breakdown section?

there were 3 basic thing going on there.
i put a delay on that last scream and sync'ed it with the session tempo

the guitar effect you asked about was just a highpass followed by a phaser, and i had it panning left to right.

then there was also a reverse snare rising under all of that