Symphonic metal

OceanbarD

DeadsouL of a modern bard
Oct 9, 2001
Canada
Hey any symphonic metal fans around ? love bands like nightwish , rhapsody , therion and that kind of stuff ? if so ,
what are your favorites bands and albums ?

i like it yes. my favorites of the bands you said are Rhapsody's "Rain Of A Thousand Flames" and Therion's "Theli" which is really very good. also Therion's newest album is good in my opinion. nightwish is pretty good too but i know only a few songs.

well i don't know if Blind Guardian can be called Symphonic Metal... but if it is, it's the best Symphonic Metal band for me, they kick ass!!! one of my absolute favorite bands

nah blind gardian is not symphonic metal , its power metal...but
damn great power metal ! one of the best band of the style that is for sure ! i know after forever also and they are a realy good band , we can say that is symphonic metal yes ! rhapsody , cheezy ? :) ahah that is for sure ! but still this is (was...) good !

I agree with the earlier comments, therion is unbelievably good, rhapsody is good, but the lyrics are the worst i have ever heard, how about Labyrinth's Return to Heaven Denied, it is quite symphonic, and also Symphony X, cant get much better

Originally posted by The Wanderer
rhapsody doesn't really come to mind when someone mentions symphonic metal. i see a lot of similarities between rhapsody and blind guardian. for one, they are both way better than nightwish, therion and that whole crew.

:lol: matter of opinions of course ! but yeah rhapsody is symphonic speed power metal...if you dont notice the symphony its probelly because your deaf ! :p of course there is similarities : its power metal ! and i dont really like power metal vocals :D

some Dream Theater songs got some symphonic parts also , who dosen't know the song finaly free should definetly give it a listening.