Top 10 Symphonic Metal Albums

It's hard for me to come up with a top 10, but I'd most likely include:

Anorexia Nervosa - Drudenhaus
Bishop of Hexen - The Nightmarish Compositions -fav album of 2006
La Grand Guignol - The Great Maddening -fav album of 2007
Tvangeste - Firestorm

And perhaps something by Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Arcturus, Theatres des Vampires, Cradle of Filth if some of these are symphonic. I'll have to think about what else.

I desperately need Roots Thunder. How can I obtain it?

You don't really desperately need it, as I think you'd be disappointed by it. If you want the mp3s because you cannot find it (trust me, it's hard to find), I can send you 'em + even his first demo (which is good!).

While on the subject of wanting some stuff, does anyone have any of Comédie Macabre, their debut album "Blasphemia"..? It's like symphonic/gothic (black) metal from France. I've really enjoyed what I've heard on their myspace profile.

I consider it to be symphonic if the music mimics an orchestra. I don't believe a band has to play with a symphony orchestra for it to be considered, but I don't believe having keyboards automatically makes it symphonic.

Nobody's making lists. You guys suck.

Not complete, probably not all true symphonic metal, watch me not care:

Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands Vol II
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast MMV
Bal Sagoth - Starfire Burning Upon The Ice Veiled Throne Of Ultima Thule
Avantasia - The Metal Opera Pt. 1
Summoning - Minas Morgul
not repeating bands, so that's it.

I'm going to re-state what MP said and tell you to listen Witchcraft by Obtained Enslavement NOW. It's right up your ally.

Will do, but I've bought enough CD's this month. I probably won't get any more until late April.

It may take some time to track down on eBay anyway. You may be able to find it at some other distros but it is a little rare at the moment.

ok, i'll make a list:

Therion - Theli
Haggard - And Thou Shalt Trust... The Seer
Rhapsody - Symphony Of Enchanted Lands
Virgin Steel - The House Of Atreus: act I & II
Dimmu Borgir - Puritanichal Euphoric Misanthropia

that's it. i can't make a list with 10 bands