Top 10 Symphonic Metal Albums

Well, I don't totally agree with the keys thing. Bands who use keys to imitate symphonic sounds I agree with, but not bands who just use keys to add filler behind their guitars.

ex: Kiuas and Equilibrium aren't symphonic, they just use keys to get a bigger sound.

Yeah, I did that at first, but then Mathias pointed out to me how grainy-as-hell the images became.

Having keys doesnt make something automatically Symphonic.
Notice the term "symphonic",implying symphony orchestra( in composition, instrument's etc).For instance, old mans Child has keys but they are in no way Symophonic

:zombie:

so it's just symphonic if you think it is? ok, everyone list random albums!

ps. what instruments does the band have to have? like i said, true symphonic would be using a symphony orchestra but not many bands do that. look at zeph's list, his are bands with the keyboards

:zombie:

so it's just symphonic if you think it is? ok, everyone list random albums!

ps. what instruments does the band have to have? like i said, true symphonic would be using a symphony orchestra but not many bands do that. look at zeph's list, his are bands with the keyboards

But they're keys that often imitate symphonic instruments. Look at Bal-Sagoth; they use keys, but the keys imitate an orchestra. Therefore, symphonic metal. Now look at Equilibrium; huge use of keys, but they're only there to provide a more bombastic sound. They don't imitate another instrument. There's the difference.

Top 10 Symphonic BLACK Metal Albums:

1. Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
2. Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
3. Limbonic Art - Ad Noctum: Dynasty of Death
4. Limbonic Art - In Abhorrence Dementia
5. Nokturnal Mortum - To the Gates of Blasphemous Fire
6. Anorexia Nervosa - Drudenhaus
7. Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual Black Dimensions
8. Obsidian Gate - The Nightspectral Voyage
9. Kataxu - Hunger of Elements
10. Summoning - Minas Morgul

I haven't heard Odium - The Sad Realm of the Stars nor ...And Oceans - The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts, which are said to be classics of the sub-genre. I've got the latter on it's way and I'm ever vigilant in tracking down the former.

Man, you seriously need to invest in Obtained Enslavement's Witchcraft. You would love it.

Like everyone else, I'm just going to take this as a symphonic black metal thread. I'm not a huge fan of the style but there are definitely some killer albums.

Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Obtained Enslavement - Witchcraft
Tartaros - The Grand Psychotic Castle
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry
Summoning - Lugburz
Kataxu - Roots Thunder

...and that's all I got, really. :p

Couldn't tell you, I have it on CD-R. I've been searching for a hard copy for a while but to no avail. :(