Symphony X's new dark look

It's funny this thread begins with perplexity. To me they look just about they way they have always presented themselves - just a little bit older. I feel Symphony X music is SERIOUS music, so I like when the guys portray a serious attitude, in fact it kindof pisses me off when Russ performs in jeans and/or a tee shirt. I like that they chose to take a more 'serious' approach to this album, at least conceptually, and I hope they deliver with that same kind of CLASS that I have always identified with the band on this tour which was beaming out of them when they opened for Blind Guardian (and which had somewhat faded when they played on Gigantour).

I want them to bring back the puffy shirt from TIO booklet..that was Class:worship:

Check out Romeo's Cuffs
"GRRRRR, Like A Tiger" Mahatma Coat

I think they should ALL wear jeans and a t-shirt at the show SyXified is going to attend, just so somebody can take a picture of his cranky little face during the set and post it here for bonus points :lol:

@SyXified: How dare you express an opinion that hasn't been officially sanctioned by the collective... :Smug:

I don't see how you can analyse that picture so much :lol: personally, I think they look incredibly hot. Especially Romeo, unless that's just photoshop.

with Zach's approval (I hope)....all I have to say is this: I just ROFL'd all over myself.
*Nods* that'll do :lol:

I've never seen someone complain about someone in a metal band performing in a tshirt and jeans, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I'm not sure what it is you expect exactly. It's not like they are world-class classical musicians playing in opera halls in situations where it is common ettiquette to perform in formal attire. And besides, doing a metal gig in slacks and a dress shirt isn't any fun (or comfortable). But hey, that's just my take on the whole thing.

But most importantly...why the hell are we talking about how the band looks/dresses? I'm going to go wrestle a bear to redeem myself...

Dude, i'm metal as fuck. I just woke up and i'm wearing CHAIN MAIL AND HOLDING A SPIKED CLUB!!!! MY PANTS ARE LEATHER WITH 3 INCH SPIKES COMING OUT OF THEM!!!! And by that i mean nautica sweatpants... i just woke up like i said.

Speaking of just waking up and jumping right on the forums...

lol, you need to get laid dude.

Well... incidentally... so do I :(

Cool stuff, looks better than the pictures in the Divine Wings of Tragedy album.

It's funny this thread begins with perplexity. To me they look just about they way they have always presented themselves - just a little bit older. I feel Symphony X music is SERIOUS music, so I like when the guys portray a serious attitude, in fact it kindof pisses me off when Russ performs in jeans and/or a tee shirt. I like that they chose to take a more 'serious' approach to this album, at least conceptually, and I hope they deliver with that same kind of CLASS that I have always identified with the band on this tour which was beaming out of them when they opened for Blind Guardian (and which had somewhat faded when they played on Gigantour).

So do you take a more serious approach to being a Symphony X fan and dress up at their shows? What's that? You wear jeans and a t-shirt but expect Symphony X to dress more classy? Oh that's right you're pretentious, nevermind.

Dude, i'm metal as fuck. I just woke up and i'm wearing CHAIN MAIL AND HOLDING A SPIKED CLUB!!!! MY PANTS ARE LEATHER WITH 3 INCH SPIKES COMING OUT OF THEM!!!! And by that i mean nautica sweatpants... i just woke up like i said.

That's cool.

I woke up with the bloody head of a goat in one hand and the body nailed to the wall. I didn't have anything on btw. I could speculate what got me to that point, but I wont.

They definately look more mean than before. But like someone said they play serious music so it fits that the band looks serious aswell.

I love the pirate shirts from the Twilight era!

I understand the comment about the way the band dresses, though. Symphony X is in the top tier of metal bands, and I can see why some people may believe that dressing in a t-shirt and jeans may relegate them to "just another metal band" status (which they certainly are not).

Romeo totally lost weight, it wouldn't surprise me to see him slimmer than Russ on the upcoming tour.

i was gonna say he seems to have lost a fair bit in the cheeks... maybe taking some more inspiration from yngwie!

i don't know what it is, but some subtlety of Romeo reminds ome of Bruce Willis... maybe you guys won't see it, but that is definitely not the first picture where I caught a vague resemblence of the two.

If i had to pick some features to say why, I'd say the eyes and lips.