Symphony X's new dark look

Nov 20, 2006
Chicago
SymphonyXHeads.jpg

I have no idea how to make an image display within the thread.

Well, might have some before....like friday or saturday because of NYC gig!

Actually if you look at the DVD from the Gigantour 2005, you can see that Mike Romeo look top shape!!

It's funny this thread begins with perplexity. To me they look just about they way they have always presented themselves - just a little bit older. I feel Symphony X music is SERIOUS music, so I like when the guys portray a serious attitude, in fact it kindof pisses me off when Russ performs in jeans and/or a tee shirt. I like that they chose to take a more 'serious' approach to this album, at least conceptually, and I hope they deliver with that same kind of CLASS that I have always identified with the band on this tour which was beaming out of them when they opened for Blind Guardian (and which had somewhat faded when they played on Gigantour).

It's funny this thread begins with perplexity. To me they look just about they way they have always presented themselves - just a little bit older. I feel Symphony X music is SERIOUS music, so I like when the guys portray a serious attitude, in fact it kindof pisses me off when Russ performs in jeans and/or a tee shirt. I like that they chose to take a more 'serious' approach to this album, at least conceptually, and I hope they deliver with that same kind of CLASS that I have always identified with the band on this tour which was beaming out of them when they opened for Blind Guardian (and which had somewhat faded when they played on Gigantour).

with Zach's approval (I hope)....all I have to say is this: I just ROFL'd all over myself.

I've never seen someone complain about someone in a metal band performing in a tshirt and jeans, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I'm not sure what it is you expect exactly. It's not like they are world-class classical musicians playing in opera halls in situations where it is common ettiquette to perform in formal attire. And besides, doing a metal gig in slacks and a dress shirt isn't any fun (or comfortable). But hey, that's just my take on the whole thing.

But most importantly...why the hell are we talking about how the band looks/dresses? I'm going to go wrestle a bear to redeem myself...

Good lord, I think this forum has hit an all time low.....