Taking Care of Your Hearing

Or you don't listen as loud for as long as we do.

Pretty much every monday through thursday I spend about an hour and a half walking to the mall after my Chinese class. And I turn it up all the way to drown out the noise of cars.

Pretty much every monday through thursday I spend about an hour and a half walking to the mall after my Chinese class. And I turn it up all the way to drown out the noise of cars.
Bad fucking call with the volume, but that's not that long.

Yeah.
I'm kinda getting it now.
I've been listening to my ipod for about 5 hours straight.
When at home I always listen on speakers. My Zen Vision M got stolen, so that's the only time I listen to stuff except for in the car (also on the stereo).

yeah my ears get "tired" from listening to headphones too, but I find the time it takes for them to get tired is partially dependent on the quality of the headphones.

I think thats partially why I break my headphones is I sometimes get frustrated and just pull them off and drop them instead of putting them away somewhere where I won't step on them.

Jet engine? You sure...

yes actually, i've been near multiple jet engines... except they weren't on planes... THEY WERE ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......
JetTruck.jpg

i used to be huge into drag racing and occasionally they had the jet car races

Just a question...how good are headphones compared to speakers in terms of first time listening experience?
I've never used one of those...thinking of buying one. My 5.1 speakers have served me well enough so far.(never had neighbor problems either)

well I just ordered a $80 set of Sennheiser noise canceling headphones, thanks for the advice all, I'll probably get some ear plugs for the next concert I go to as well.

Good headphones are better than most speakers. You can buy great speakers but they're expensive as hell.

I'll probably get some ear plugs for the next concert I go to as well.

Get some musicians earplugs if you can, they're well worth it. They let some top end in so that you hear a better mix of sound, just at a lower volume. Foam earplugs are good for maximum attenuation if your hearing is already damaged like mine (I have tinnitus). They are all I wear now at gigs.

As for headphones, the more you spend the less damage you'll do. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD-25s and they're fantastic. All parts are replaceable as well. They cost about $500 AUS though.

hd25.jpg

yes actually, i've been near multiple jet engines... except they weren't on planes... THEY WERE ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......
JetTruck.jpg

i used to be huge into drag racing and occasionally they had the jet car races
That's so fucking badass I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around it.