tattoo question

odins_raven

New Metal Member
Dec 5, 2005
in this picture...
peter_klein.jpg

...what is that from, and what do the runes mean?

I'm creating a tatto for myself and I want to use some kind of runes. I've done some research and I've come up with this for mine...
runes2vu.jpg

These mean power, courage, and victory, am I correct? I don't want to get something done that's completly wrong. Thanks

Looks correct, but those are runes from the elder futhark and the language is a northern germanic viking-era one, and at that time at that place i think that the elder futhark was not so common, and that the elder futhark was moe commonly used in germany, nut I may be wrong. Tyra?

mmmh, doesnt Odin have 2 ravens? Hugin and Munin only. no? putting 3 just looks faulty to me. RESPECT THE NUMBERS!

as for the runic inscriptions.. there are so many variations according to where it was used and what period that i just get lost in all that.

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
yeah and odins bird is the eagle, not the ravens

:confused:

No his birds are ravens! Their names are hugin and munin...he has a "Kenning" (Kenningar?) because of his ravens > in german "Rabengott" should be "god of ravens" in english.

Or do you want to test sb? :err:

1. Yes, your translation is correct.
2. Yes, this is not the more common futhark for the era IN SCANDINAVIA. I would choose the other one myself, but that's a purely personal choice.
3. Odin has two ravens, Hugin and Munin, but the symbol in the picture is an often used symbol from a popular asatru website. The tat that's been copied in the pic is their logo. I think it's Wodens Harrow's site, but I can't remember right now. Google them, and there you might find the origin of the symbol with the three ravens. Someone bought me a bracelet with the same three ravens, and I have since seen it for sale as a Celtic bracelet...
4. Yes, be very sure to respect the numbers. Be sure why you're putting three ravens on there before you do. Be REALLY sure that you THINK before you put a Valknot on your skin, for damn sure. Do not put one on there unless you are really sure that A. you really are one of Odin's warriors and are fully ready to die today, and B. are really ready to defend yourself and your choice in tat, as the Valknot in some parts of this world has been used as a symbol for right-wing supremacists. I have an aegismundr tat myself, which to the best of my knowledge does not symbolize any particular political group, and I still have to explain that I am not a nazi quite often. I see that as a teaching op, but you might get sick of it...
5. The two ravens symbolized memory and thought, yes, and the wolf is also Odin's animal, but the eagle comes in more as a sort of totem animal, and so can also be said to be a symbol of Odin. Exactly right, Pagan. Different aspects of the same god.

If you want to find cool pics with runes for inspiration, google "runestones". If that doesn't work, PM me, and I think I can get you to a good picturebank-site. Good luck! T.

Tattoos get lasered off. Some colours can't be removed at all, others leave a scar, but they can't be removed without leaving some sort of a mark.

just don't get a valknot as extreeeemly few people deserve to have that rtatooed in their sjkin ... not many warriors of odin today... at least not many worth it,,, I don't think you're one of them sorry.... maybe only varg Vikernes and Tyra are of that kind I don't know,,,, fuck goodnight! Hail Wotan!

Yes the Valknot can be dangerous especially if consecrated. It's up to the person whether they feel safe using it only as a design. I have one as a tat but I haven't consecrated it yet for I'm still deciding if I deserve it as Pagan stated. There are some who believe the carving is enough for the symbol to work and then there are those such as myself who believe it takes an empowerment ritual for the powers to truly take effect.

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
I think I might go to that danish studio and get a caricature tatoo.

I think I'll get Hagar:

Subject: humor
> Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:52:41 -0500
>
>
> Scandinavians Rioting over Hagar the Horrible
> Oslo, Norway - Reports of violent protests have come
> in from Oslo,
> Stockholm, Helsinki and Copenhagen as people of
> Scandinavian Countries
> denounce the comic strip Hagar the Horrible. Calling
> the cartoon a