Tech Death mix practice with live drums etc...

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
Who wants to mix an awesome tech death song with real drums, guitar DI and amps, layers of clean and scream vocals etc.
Vile Regression who have unfortunately broken up have given me permission to share the raw files for their song Cyclical.
If you are posting a mix, save this post and add your mix in the comments. Have fun.

FILES: (click "pop out" int he top right corner of the preview below to go to download)

In case of problems with the MIDI file, here is a text file with sigs and tempos. TRY THE MIDI FIRST =} https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2133088/Cyclical_Tempo_and_Sigs.rtf

I'm on it...but let me ask you. Was a limiter or the mastering chain activated while printing the tracks? They are fucking loud.... :) Still a cool song to work with.

I'm on it...but let me ask you. Was a limiter or the mastering chain activated while printing the tracks? They are fucking loud.... :) Still a cool song to work with.
The tracks are exported rather than bounced. Just checked levels and they are all fine. Hitting around -12dBFS. Make sure you aren't normalizing them or something.

Last edited:
Some kind of humor with that multitrack. :3 Wait for few seconds if playng start not immediately.

That was fun! THANK YOU
(No automations, no toms mix, no samples, too much low end) :)

Attachments

• Vile Regression.mp3
    11.5 MB · Views: 4

Edited: I just made a few minor changes and reuploaded it as a wav file.

Here's my attempt at mixing this song. Thanks for sharing the files michrich!

Last edited: