Tempus Fugit

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Scary thought for the day.

It's been ten years since The X Factor was released. CRIKEY. And 19 years since I first heard this silly band called Iron Maiden.

And 9 years since I first heard all them other bands I discovered simply because I heard that Dream Theater were quite similar to Queensryche and that I should check them out. And no, I never did think they were similar, but it did help me discover bands like Savatage and Opeth and the like.

Yikes. Time flies.

It's been eighteen years since I got over my morbid fear of Maiden's album covers long enough to listen to Somewhere In Time, and twenty years since they last played in the football obsessed, culturally bankrupt backwater I call home.

I take solace in the fact that wheelchair access inside Thebarton Theatre was probably even worse in 1985 than it is now :rolleyes:.

W

Because Brisbane loves tearing down buildings that are more than five years old, the venue Maiden last played at here, Festival Hall, has been torn down. Same venue that hosted the Beatles and probably every other band that ever toured here before the Entertainment Centre was built. Ozzy's first ever Australian solo gig was there. :headbang: