THE 2010 WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES

And the men's hockey tournament is up and away! :)
Switzerland - Usa, interesting game, I'd say don't underestimate the Swiss.

Yeah. The Swiss have a pretty good team...even if they don't have alot of current NHL players on the team, they have alot of veterans that have played Pro in north america before.

Tough night for Yannick Weber though :(

Yeah. Pretty good game so far though, Switzerland opened up pretty ferociously, their plan was probably to get a good start and score early so they could play on the result, but couldn't cash in on their chances.

And in the Norwegian sports too, they're pissed that we snatch the golds while they miss the medals. :D
Perhaps they kick Canada's ass in hockey instead. :cool:

Actually Norway plays pretty good, it doesn't seem impossible that the first period will end with 0-0. The SEL players are fighting very good.

Why is Getzlaf playing? Looks very injured to me despite what people say.

So far so good this Olympics...minus the tragic death, early weather delays and the problems with the speed skating ice-track (how does this happen?). I'm definintely watching and getting into even more events than in usual past...esp the moguls and snowboard racing. That mens Nordic Skiing finish was rediculous. The US guy had the gold in his reach til the French guy chased him down right at the finish line...great stuff! Its been nice to see the US winning some medals in events that they usually don't show in?

Actually Norway plays pretty good, it doesn't seem impossible that the first period will end with 0-0. The SEL players are fighting very good.

Yah..how'd that turn out?:lol:
I just can't get into these (mens or womans) blowout matchups right now...games and matchups soon to improve hopefully.

Star-players..pure talent level...maybe the best Canadian team ever? Its thier gold to win IMH...but the pressure is sure on them however.

She can ski better than that, for sure, but the only real mistake i saw was the drift on her bottom air. Obviously you've never trained or competed moguls, but Jenn is the poster girl for godly technique. No other girl in the history of the sport has had technique like hers, and i actually think one reason you might say that is that she is so smooth and controlled that it looks like she isn't pushing it as hard as the other girls. Her upper body control is so far beyond next best, even Hannah's. I could go on, but watch the runs again. There are bigger, faster girls who can plow down a course, but Jenn is tiny, and so refined, SHE will be the one all the other girls will study for years to come.

You must be related to Jenn..or her biggest fan?? Seriously, and no I'm not a mogul expert but we are all well aware of Jenn's stature and talent and lets not forget she did what she had to on her run...she had the gold waiting for her. Thats until Hannah's (whos damn good herself) in her last great run took the gold...it happens.

Czechs will play against Slovakia 21:00 Vancouver time, 6:00AM mine. Doesn't it suck to wake up. But we'll win hopefully, I have no idea how this team will do together though. The first attack just rules, it's funny they put Jágr in the second line saying he's too old for the first one.

Press is calling VAN2010 a contender for worst olympics ever, yay....ah well.

I had hoped Canada had a chance to show the world were awesome and maybe gain some respect, but nooooooooooooooo.........

To add to the death accident and the speed skating track, the arrangers made the same mistake twice in the biathlon starts, first in the womens start, and then in the mens start, they kept some people waiting too long. ACO from Sweden had to wait 14 seconds too long before they let her go.

Press is calling VAN2010 a contender for worst olympics ever, yay....ah well.

I had hoped Canada had a chance to show the world were awesome and maybe gain some respect, but nooooooooooooooo.........

Canada is a great place. At least, it is where there aren't any people. :rolleyes:

I have actually been enjoying watching this winter olympics, so I don't think I would label this as one of the worst olympics ever, even though technically speaking it probably is.

so much for my "so far so good this olympics" comments...:lol:

this can't be the worst?...yeah some issues but the events and competitions have been pretty good so far. oh well.

I was in a pub now watching the ski girls and shit, and seriously, that track was fucking hell, every second fucked up and every third fell and could possibly die or something. What made me laugh most was the girl that fell after 3 meters or so and sat there on the ground complainin about something :lol:, she most propably just saw what happened to others with fattier ass than hers, what would happen to her or I don't know I haven't watched her ass I'm just you know.

And I haven't seen the first czech girl who's been 25 secs later than everyone else I was like, oh she had a beer or something. wtf.