THE 2010 WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES

Loved watching Vermont kick ass on the moguls.

My mom made a comment about how much that must hurt your knees; seriously. :erk:

Yeah, hips as well...seeing that Vermont chick's face right after she finished her run...she was so wiped out. I could feel it, pretty palpably.

Man, that medal was Jenn's to lose :( She's a totally sick mogul skier. When she was about 15 we knew she was going to rule because she was the only girl who looked like a guy when she skied down haha. She was the world cup overall leader for 4 years leading into the olympics and won the last olympics, not to mention she won the 4 events right before the olympics. Hannah ripped it though... it happens. haha

The only thing that matters to me in the Olympics is hockey, and that Sweden gets a chance to repeat the glory that was Turin 2006. And if that doesn't happen, then at least making sure Canada does not win.

So the Canadian Women's Hockey team destroyed the Slovakian team yesterday. It was also fun to watch the ladies moguls. Seems like the only thing that has been on has been Ski Jumping though and that is really boring.

Mathiäs;8895469 said:
So apparently conditions are shit for whatever sport is going on right now.

yah go figure... snow and slush is delaying the goddamn winter olympics??:)

Yeah, hips as well...seeing that Vermont chick's face right after she finished her run...she was so wiped out. I could feel it, pretty palpably.

It always blows my mind and whacked to think just how many times these athletes must have abused themselves in practice or training. More so when first taking up a said sport...the trial and error before you get it right to the point were your considered only good? Nevermind what it must take to reach these elite levels.:erk:

Man, that medal was Jenn's to lose :( She's a totally sick mogul skier. When she was about 15 we knew she was going to rule because she was the only girl who looked like a guy when she skied down haha. She was the world cup overall leader for 4 years leading into the olympics and won the last olympics, not to mention she won the 4 events right before the olympics. Hannah ripped it though... it happens. haha

tbh...not to nit-pick or split hairs...i thought her run was only good enough for 3rd place.

She can ski better than that, for sure, but the only real mistake i saw was the drift on her bottom air. Obviously you've never trained or competed moguls, but Jenn is the poster girl for godly technique. No other girl in the history of the sport has had technique like hers, and i actually think one reason you might say that is that she is so smooth and controlled that it looks like she isn't pushing it as hard as the other girls. Her upper body control is so far beyond next best, even Hannah's. I could go on, but watch the runs again. There are bigger, faster girls who can plow down a course, but Jenn is tiny, and so refined, SHE will be the one all the other girls will study for years to come.

Czechs got the first (and quite possibly the last) golden medal yesterday. I don't put much hope in our hockey team, seriously, czech hockey went to shit after Nagano and I don't think we can even beat Slovakians, and seriously, Canada and Russia is way ahead of us.

Right now I'm feeling very good about the hockey. Holmström out and Franzén in tonight, and we're very close to Canada and Russia and clearly better than all the other teams.

Yay first gold! I love Charlotte Kalla, great skier and cute as hell. :D

I watched a little skiing yesterday. This American dude made a jump, didn't stick it, and was about to correct his balance before he ran into a sign. :lol: