the albums in your mother tongue

I'm a bit confused about the word DEATHROLL. Does it mean DEATH and ROLL as one word or does it mean dead/death list? I think that many of you guys think that it means deathroll like you would translate it - into the words death and roll but I when I write it into my dictionary it says "dead list" or "death list" or sth...

From Metal-rules interview with Alexi:

Can you explain the title of the album for us?

Well, "hate crew" is another way to say "Children of Bodom". It's always been our thing. The Children of Bodom hate crew has always been the "gang" side of the whole band. "Deathroll" you can interpret that the way you want to. Whenever there's a war, there's always a deathroll-people have died and stuff. It could also be the people that we want to kill or a list of people that we already have killed. Everybody can make their own ideas about it.

In French:

Something Wild: Quelque chose de fou

Hatebreeder: producteur de haine

Follow the Reaper: suit la mort

hate crew deathroll: liste de victimes du hate crew

are you dead yet?: est-tu mort maintenant?

blooddrunk: soûl de sang

It may be a little innacurate I never thought it would be that hard translating COB albums into french...

In French, it would be a better translation like this (I know it's hard translating it and keeping the sense at the same time in French) :

Something Wild : Quelque chose de sauvage

Hatebreeder : Reproducteur de haine

Follow The Reaper : Suis La Faucheuse (la Mort)

HateCrew Deathroll : La liste des victimes de la HateCrew

Are You Dead Yet ? : Es-tu déjà mort ? OR Es-tu encore mort ? (depending on the sense)

Blooddrunk : Ivre de sang

Auch eine Möglichkeit, aber Kinder des Niedergangs klingt einfach blöd, deswegen hab ich das nicht genommen und cry=schreien passt einfach besser zu Bodom als weinen...

ah, es heißt ja choke'n loaded nicht choked... to choke bedeutet dann aber erwürgen, erdrosseln oder ähnliches, wie kommst du da auf anlegen?!?

Ja, aber überleg mal, "eines Tages wirst du schreien" klingt imo weniger intensiv als "Eines Tages wirst du weinen".
und es heißt "coekd 'n loaded" nicht wie du geschrieben hast "choked 'n loaded"

From Metal-rules interview with Alexi:

Can you explain the title of the album for us?

Well, "hate crew" is another way to say "Children of Bodom". It's always been our thing. The Children of Bodom hate crew has always been the "gang" side of the whole band. "Deathroll" you can interpret that the way you want to. Whenever there's a war, there's always a deathroll-people have died and stuff. It could also be the people that we want to kill or a list of people that we already have killed. Everybody can make their own ideas about it.

Fine to know that all is right. :)

^

ob nun weinen oder schreien... man kann da auch nur spekulieren. ist halt das praktische am englischen, dass ein Wort meißt mehrere Bedeutungen hat.

ja und das mit Coked'n loaded...lol... nun hab ich das lied schon tausend mal gehört und hab das Album auch da liegen, aber immer wieder gelesen choked... wahrscheinlich wegen dem Chokehold. :)

ALL LANGUAGES ON FIRST PAGE NOW

In French, it would be a better translation like this (I know it's hard translating it and keeping the sense at the same time in French) :

Are You Dead Yet ? : Es-tu déjà mort ? OR Es-tu encore mort ? (depending on the sense)

Ya, sauvage thats the word I was looking for! its better than fou lol except for that well its pretty much the same. I like my are you dead yet better though :p but your blooddrunk is better

Hey native English speakers, I was wondering if blooddrunk has the same meaning as bloodlust? In that case Blooddrunk would be verenhimo in Finnish.

I'm a bit confused about the word DEATHROLL. Does it mean DEATH and ROLL as one word or does it mean dead/death list? I think that many of you guys think that it means deathroll like you would translate it - into the words death and roll but I when I write it into my dictionary it says "dead list" or "death list" or sth...

(what I can translate from those guys)

Deathroll as death and roll
Deathroll as death and roll
Deathroll as dead and list

So any of you who speak native english, plz clear it up.

deathroll itself isn't a word, per say. I don't think it's meant to be taken literally. "rolled" is a pretty common term, implying colloquially something along the lines of "pwned," however to roll across something is sort of a term to mean spreading at a rapid rate, and possibly implying some form of "conquering" or "taking over," as in "christianity rolled across europe at blinding speeds..." or "the army rolled across spain." i believe the two latter examples apply to "deathroll."

Something Wild - Nešto Divlje

Hatebreeder - Uzgojač Mržnje

Follow The Reaper - Prati Reapera (I dont know how to translate Reaper, but people in Croatia would understand)

Tokyo Warhearts - Tokyo Ratna Srca

Hate Crew Deathroll - Družba Mržnje "Deathroll" (this one is hard, dont know)

Are You Dead Yet? - Jesi li već mrtav?

Blooddrunk - Pijan Krvlju

if there is some Croatian here that can give a better translation, go ahead... :p

Here is my best go at translating it in Irish

Something Wild - rud eigin fiain

Hatebreeder - poraionni na fuath (breeder of hate)

Follow The Reaper - leanaim an buanai

Hate Crew Deathroll - fuath foireann bas rolla

Are You Dead Yet? - an bhfuil tu bas?

Blooddrunk - meisce le fuil (drunk off blood)

In French:

Something Wild: Quelque chose de fou

Hatebreeder: producteur de haine

Follow the Reaper: suit la mort

hate crew deathroll: liste de victimes du hate crew

are you dead yet?: est-tu mort maintenant?

blooddrunk: soûl de sang

It may be a little innacurate I never thought it would be that hard translating COB albums into french...

Here's ow I see it:

HateCrew Deathroll (Deathroll as a list): La liste des morts de l'Équipe de la Haine :lol: That's a word by word translation, lets play a litle:

La Liste Mortel de l'Haineuse Équipe
La Liste Noir de l'Équipage de la Haine.
La Liste de Victime du Groupe Haineux

HateCrew Deathroll (Deathroll as a killing spree)
La Folie Meurtrière de l'Équipe de la Haine

As for Are You Dead Yet? as the titles means "looking in the mirror and asking you the question", I'm thinking that the title would have make more sense in a negative format, like "Aren't You Dead Yet?" but anyway.

Are You Dead Yet? Es-tu mort maintenant?

Makes more sense than "Es-tu déjà mort?" even if this last one is a word by word traduction, "Yet=Déjà" and "Now=Maintenant", but considering that the question is asked as the Consciousness saying "So, with all that bullshit you are doing in your life, are you dead now? No, I guess it will happen sooner, let's just wait".

And for Hatebreeder, I prefer "Enfanteur de Haine" for a stylish fun :p

Follow The Reaper is Suis la Faucheuse, there's no "Suis la Mort" because it's not "Follow the Death", even if we know the Reaper is the Death, we know that "la Faucheuse" is "la Mort".

I know, you're right about the Are You Dead Yet? thing, as for the HateCrew Deathroll, I was too lazy to translate HateCrew, because I think by translating it, you lose the sense of it. In English, sounds better I think !

HateBreeder : Enfanteur de haine ! LoL, that's funny !

Russian:

Something Wild = Что-то дикое (Scto-to dikoye)

Hatebreeder = Разводитель ненависти (Razvoditel nenavisti)

Follow The Reaper = Следуй за жнецом (Sleduy za jnetsom)

Hate Crew Deathroll = Команда ненависти списка убитых(Komanda nenavisti spiska ubitih)

Are You Dead Yet? = Ты уже мёртв? (Ti uje mörtv?)

Blooddrunk = Пьяный кровью (P'yaniy krov'yu)

Hebrew:

Something Wild = משהו פרוע (Mashehu parua)

Hatebreeder = מגדל השנאה (Megadel hasin'a)

Follow The Reaper = תעקוב אחרי המוות (Taakov acharey hamavet)

Hate Crew Deathroll = צוות השנאה של רשימת המתים (Tsevet hasin'a shel reshimat haneheragim)

Are You Dead Yet? = ?אתה מת כבר (Ata met kvar?)

Blooddrunk = שיכור מדם (Shikor midam)

I just have to... :D

Hatebreeder - Uzgojač Mržnje

Follow The Reaper - Prati Reapera (I dont know how to translate Reaper, but people in Croatia would understand)

Hate Crew Deathroll - Družba Mržnje "Deathroll" (this one is hard, dont know)

I don't wanna split hairs but it's not uzgojač but uzgajivač => HB = "Uzgajivač Mržnje"

Reaper = kosac => FTR = "Prati Kosca"

As for Deathroll, if we take it like list of who to kill I would translate HCDR as "Popis posade mržnje za ubijanje". ( I've learnt in elementary school that crew is posada)

The rest is fine... :)

Another idea.... wouldn't it be MUCH MORE funnier when everybody do a record of him speaking the album titels in his own language and another one trying to speak all the other languages? :)

Pros: it will be realy funny and the native english speakers can take part in it too :D

I will make a record of me speaking all languages later that day.