the Australian Idol thread

It seems to me many can't get past the fact she doesn't look like other pop princesses.
Maybe that is what the voting public like about her.If she lacked talent and potential there is no way she would be attending The Australian Institute of Music. When I had been out of school for a year I was attempting to get in to do a music management course. Iwent to information days and got to the 1st interview was told that in order for me to get in I need to have gotten some sort of decent experience and talent playing an instrument or singing....this was for a mangement course. I know of people who have attended doing their HSC you need to pass a series of exams on music and talent to get in.Much like you do to go to a sports high school or agriculture.

She cant win it. It would be like saying to women everywhere "no, you dont have to spend your days washing clothes and dishes" and thats clearly NOT ON.

JonBonJovi said:
It seems to me many can't get past the fact she doesn't look like other pop princesses.

Moony has a better voice, and it better looking. She is a complete pop package, casey isn't, that is difference.

Her album will be a 100% flop.

Imagine her film clips, half it will be her sitting in her room looking depressed, the other half will be her dancing in the line at hungry jacks.

Did I ever say she had the ability to win? So many here are saying she lacks talent I was merely pointing out a few facts.
I mean for god's sake she recently won an award for best new talent in the indegenous music awards.

Josh you are totally missing the point.
If you think that albums and clips are based on looks....so many metal bands would have been burnt a long time ago.
rap artists the world over are not all skinny blonde bombshells.Aretha Franklin was never the stereo type bombshell.
I am not denying there is better talent out there, my point however is that just because a female isn't blonde and skinny doesn't mean she can't make it.

You are missing the point.

It's not about metal, or rap, it's about pop. Pop is 10% skill and 90% hollywood. It's alll aesthetics, talent is only a small part of being a pop star. People don't want posters of casey on their wall.

Name 1 person who is as obese and ugly as casey is in the charts right now.

Point proven.

Seriously think about it though... even if Casey wins, Anthony is going to be more successful. Look at what happened in the second series of the US Idol, Ruben won but Clay outsold him by almost 3 times. That came down to good old fashioned marketability

and the fact that Clay Aitken had an amazing voice which was much better than Ruben's.

And that Ruben only won because he was a fatty, and all the fatty's united to vote.

JonBonJovi said:
Maybe that is what the voting public like about her.
Ha, the William Hung factor. The novelty of the common person being a pop star is a novelty. Now Casey of course has a lot more happening than William Hung, but if not looking like Kylie or Holly is a vote winner then its even more of a joke.

If she lacked talent and potential there is no way she would be attending The Australian Institute of Music. .
You need one thing and only one thing to get into AIM: $$$$ - nothing more, nothing less. I was the highest scoring student when I went there, and besides about 6-10 other people in my course that really had their shit together, the course was full of some of the most average musicians I'd seen in Sydney. They should have been taking private tuition instead for their own benefit.

Once again, not related to Casey directly but worth refuting anyway.

Maybe they should have just not wasted our time and just made it a contest between Ricki-Lee and Anthony. That removes all of the ordinary, the fat, the bald and the less-than-stunning-looking right from the start. Seriously, if it's as much about looking good as everyone seems to think, that's what should have happened. I've never considered AI to be much of a "talent" quest, because a popular vote contest is never about talent. Look at all the people in AI vox pops who'd say stuff like "I voted for Hayley, because she's pretty" or "Anthony is Sooooo hot". They could have been up there playing air guitar to 'Run to the Hills' and people would have voted for them.

If they didnt want anyone who was overweight/too short/too tall or whatever, they should have excluded them from the competition from the start.

KoichCPA said:
It's not about metal, or rap, it's about pop. Pop is 10% skill and 90% hollywood. It's alll aesthetics, talent is only a small part of being a pop star. People don't want posters of casey on their wall.

Name 1 person who is as obese and ugly as casey is in the charts right now.

Point proven.
:worship:

I do think Casey has a better voice for singing Pop than Anthony though..